Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

A lunch with Patrick

Patrick is going to have his birthday soon. So, today fish fish chia him makan. I decided the time, and he decided the place.

I chose noon, and he chose Capricciosa.

We stopped by in Starbuck for drink. He treated me a hot cup of Chai Tea Latte.




This is his favorite, Green Fetuccini with crab meat cream sauce. One of the hit menu in Capricciosa. The hardness of fetuccini today was just right, not too hard nor soft. The cream sauce have a very nice savoury taste due to the sweetness of onion inside it. This one was a must try for people who like white sauce pasta.




A dish I tried the 1st time. I am a fan of fresh pasta. Usually I would go for vegetarian version. However, today I decided to try another type, Pappardelle with steamed chicken and broccoli white sauce. Another good choice of the day. The sauce was tasting similar as the fetuccini, but milder due to no crab meat was used inside. I love the texture of the pasta. Nice. However, the fresh pasta portion is always lesser compare to the normal regular size.

So, I decided to have an additional order...




Garlic toast with fresh tomato and basil. Mmm... this one was good. The fresh basil gave a very nice touch to the crispy garlic bread. It balanced up the oily feel of the 2 dishes above. It will make a good appetizer. However, the tomato chunk was kinda big, and I have to be very cautious when biting it. :P Looked kinda clumsy when eating it. -_-"

During the meal, Patrick actually told me this branch owned by his landlord.

Guess what? His landlord saw us when we almost finished the meal.

Then, he looked at me...

He faced to Patrick...

"Errr... this is... your wife??"

GABOOM~~~ *fish fish bang wall*

Hello~~~ Why must "Your wife??" I thought inside my heart. Though politely I keep smiling and shaking my head.

There has been a few times people mistaken us as a couple, in term of girlfriend. But... Your wife?? Geee... since when this misconception turned one rank up.

However, the landlord was such a nice guy, that soon after that I forgave his mistake. :P

You see... he decided to treat each of us a dessert as service.

Wah~~~ lucky.




Patrick decided to have a nice piece of chocolate cake. Very nice, not too sweet. I especially like the way the fresh cream and chocolate sauce was presented. Such an art piece. His landlord has such a great hospitality that he served the dessert to us by himself.




I went for a white version. Raw cheese cake with rapsberry sauce.

Mmmmm~~~ this one was really yummy. 2 thumbs up. Imagine with a full stomach, I could still say it was good. The cream cheese matched very well with the sour rapsberry sauce. It was so smooth and just melt easily on my warm toungue. Can't help but to play with the smooth texture before I decided to swallow it.

We ended up having the nice dessert with a nice cup of after meal drink (for free).

I was thinking to settle the bill first before greeting thank you and goodbye to his landlord. Unexpectedly, he came to the counter to greet me first. He was surprised to see I have the point card for Capricciosa...

"Sure. I always come here for meal." I told him.

In fact, after today, this place gonna be a place I like more. ^_^

Hey hey... I think next time got blogger meeting, will just suggest this as a dining place. :P

Happy Birthday Patrick!! May this year be a better year for you.

Bless from fish fish.

11 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

His bday falling next week? Or today? I seldom have white sauce coz most of the time, they tasted bland :) HMM wife? MAybe u two look mature enough eh? Hehe~

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Hey..FF,
Got bonus and free food some more.. not bad.. ! Happy birthday to Patrick..!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

The food looks delicious.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger JoeC said...

wahh, top class italian din-din. lol bit on the wifer thingy...guess ppl can over shoot...lol. Cheers then!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Mrs Patrick,

Happy Birthday to your husband :P

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, did you dented the wall or the wall dented the 咖喱魚頭?..唉, like that also bang wall, 罪過!罪過!

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

acrix : On wednesday. *bang acrix's head* Do you mean fish fish look old. Hmm!!!

mamabok : But not good being thought I am a "wife" ler~

dennis : They were splendid.

joec : Well, it was not top class actually. Just kind of a normal level chained restaurant. But the food was good.

Mr mmulibra : I am MISS Fish Fish. You send your bless in the wrong blog. No?

cooknengr : Kari your Kepala. Mana tak bang... "Isteri" wor~~~ If there was a cute guy nearby that was interested in me, and heard that, my bubble of hope pop vanish ler~ No play play.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

thanks for the lunch. fresh pasta was good. i think i like it better than the first one. both were good actually. i was so full that i actually skipped dinner that night. my landlord indeed a very kind person. you should go again - who knows you might get another cake :P

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger obachan said...

Hey fish fish,
So next time I come to Kyoto and eat at Capricciosa, I can see the wall with big holes, right? ;)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Lrong said...

Hahaahaaa... I like the GABOOM part... hahaaaahaaaa... wifey izzzzeett? Why not?
But so kind and hospital, the landlord...

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

patrick leong : Can he still recognize me or not? :P Hey, Happy Birthday, once again. ^_^

obachan : Ha!! By that time, they fill up the hole already. ;)

lrong : Hey, I'm too noisy and tomboy for Patrick. Heeee...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home