Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Short Trip in Yamanashi (Pt 2, Aug 11)

We decided to try our luck on Mount Fuji view at higher place.




So, we took a ropeway uphill.




The staff politely made a long 90 degree bow to send us off.




The view at the top was not bad. It was nice to see the Kawaguchi Lake from far.




However, the view was not clear enough for us to have a nice Mount Fuji. All we could see was blur line of the moutain.




However, the hydrangea was nicely bloomed.

Fact about the colour of this flower : its colour changed according to the acidity of the soil. The flower works like a litmus paper.

Blue series mean basic soil.




Pink series indicate acidic soil.




This hill is famous with a Tanuki story. But I felt the way this Tanuki was tied is a way too S&M. What more in a washroom. -_-"

We didn't stay a long time.

After we got down from the hill, we drove to our next destination.




On the way, fish fish saw this big sign board saying "Famous Houtou". The shop is named Fudou. Seem like a famous thing in Kawaguchi Lake area.

I've no idea about this shop at all before this, but I heard about Houtou, and never tried any before. So, must grab the chance.

We went in, and made 5 same menu for 5 of us.




Tralala~~~ the only main menu in the shop. Every customer seem to come here just for it. Of course there was other small dishes like Inarizushi and Horse Meat Sashimi. We were too full with this big pot of Fudou Houtou. It tasted very home-cook, but make you very full even after you finished only half of it.

The soup was made of miso, with all kinds of vegetable. The melty pumpkin made the soup very sweet. I prefer it to be less sweet. The noodle was kind of like udon, but broader yet thinner. It was kind of a munchy texture. I remember once a Japanese friend told me Houtou are usually consumed in winter. I guess a hotpot of houtou can really warm ones body up.

It took us quite a long time before we finished the whole things. It was a good expenrience for me.

*Burp*

Later, we continued our drive to our destination.




We went to 2 natural ice caves. Lava Cave and Icicle Lava Cave. Quite a surprise for us as we didn't expect would see such a place in this area. What more in summer.




One thing I hate about summer in Japan, everywhere is people doing travelling... See the long line?




Nice view from the Icicle Lava Cave while we were lining up to go in. The temperature was cooling before we entered into the cave.

But if became "cold" until shivering once we were inside. It is a natural huge freezer. Ice would not melt inside. The temperature was 0 degree celcius on that day.




In Lava Cave, it even showed this place used to be a cold storage for keeping things such as... silkworm cocoon.

It was very nice to be inside, though cold. But once out from the cave, argh~ back to hot and humid summer. -_-"""Day dream in wonderland over.




Now, it was time for us to take a good bath. We found this onsen, Izumi no Yu. Each of us paid 800yen. Well, the onsen was ok. Good time to destress.




Before we left Yamanashi, we decided to buy some momo to bring home. Coincidently, we found this place, a GREAT FINDING!!

We couldn't believe our own eyes when we saw the price of the things in this store.

SUPER CHEAP!!!




A big box of this HUGE MOMO for only 1580yen!! Get what I mean??

As I have to go back to Kyoto by bus, I decided to make my luggage light. So, I only bought 2 yellow peach and a bunch of grapes after a lot of confusion of my final selection.

All the other members bought more things, especially Ray. He bought a big box of momo plus other fruits. He could just bring it back home easily with car.

Urgh!! If only we found this paradise one day earlier. We will have fruit party!!

The guys were even joking that we can do our own Momo Hunting and Grape Hunting in the room. Buy the fruits, and hang it from the ceiling... voila... our very own version of Fruit Hunting.

Good idea huh~

Ok, next time, go back Kuching I try to do Banana Hunting or Rambutan Hunting in this way then. Tee hee hee... cheaper.

We let My FM off to take her bus to Tokyo.

Then the 4 of us drove back to Nagoya at that rainy night.

It was a very fun time to chit chat with the guys. Have a lot of laughter.

We stopped by in a Service Area for an instant dinner.




This is pork intestine set dinner. I was kind of surprise they actually have this kind of dish in Japan. I tried the miso a bit, it taste very much like the Chu Chap back in hometown. Nostalgic.




Ray ordered this pork rice. The picture in the counter looked delicious, but the real one was just so so. Mainly for fill up the hunger.




I wanted to eat rice. But the only edible one for me was this Japanese curry rice. Ah well...

But I have extra vege topping donated by the guys from their plates. Tee hee hee... lucky girl. ^_^

The trip of Yamanashi ended. Tired but fun. Thanks mmulibra and Choo for arranging the trip. Thanks Ray for arranging the car and driving for us most of the time.

Thank you.

8 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Chen said...

I saw lotsa nicely bloomed hydrangea during my recent trip to Cameron Highlands. Now I know why the colour are different :) Thanks for the explanation.. Cos I see lotsa different coloured hydrangea during my recent trip, and I wonder why :D

Horse Meat Sashimi? Wah, horse meat ah? :D I never eat horse meat before but I tried donkey meat loh..

Wow... Huge gigantic Momooooo... I also want leh... This is indeed one of my favourite fruit :P
Salivating...

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

chen : Is it called Xiu Hua Qiu in Mandarin??

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Chen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Chen said...

Err.. it's Xiu Qiu Hua(秀球花) :)

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger DieHardX said...

the hydrangea reminds me of Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu or 世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ or Crying out, in the Center of the World drama. so sad. When i remember e drama, i still feel sad. ayase haruka is e BABE!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish I want to 撒一泡尿 to see the hydrangea changing color before my eyes.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger humblewarrior said...

Japanese curry rice??? Did you see an Indian iron chef there?

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

chen : Oops.. I terbalik.

diehardx : *embarrass* I haven't watched that movie yet. But I like the actress. She is cute. ^_^

cooknengr : Da Ge, I heard in US, they don't have the pink series one. You wanna try to make them turn pink first?

humblewarrior : Why "iron"??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home