Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sticky Slimy Yum Yum

In Japanese food culture, they frequently consume sticky and slimy foods. Healthy foods as they quote.

It was one of my cultural shock when I first experienced it. It was like...

"Urgh~ what the hell do they eat this." It was like swallowing run at the nose into my mouth, and worse, force it to down into my throat.

However, 2 years later after the shock, I decided to challenge these sticky slimy foods again.

Ok, maybe this time I was in good luck... The way how it prepared was really great. Instead of the eerie sticky slimy texture... I was more impressed with the combination. It was so Japanese.
I felt so "healthy" after gulping that bowl of rice with the slimy thing down into my stomach.

Guess what?

I think I am enchanted ever since then.

Give me any kind of sticky slimy foods... Lady's finger, Natto, Yamaimo... I will hentam them like a piece of cake.




Ha!!! Sometimes, I even go for double slimy...

The photo above shows a bowl of rice topping with slimy Japanese yam and slimy Namenoko mushroom. It is super healthy, yummy and full of nutritions. My only complain, the green sprout spoil the harmony. :(

^_^ How about you? Do you like sticky and slimy foods?

10 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

I can take slimy food as long as they are not awefully pungent or spicy :) Infact i love to eat slimy rice! Haha~

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Chen said...

I don't mind sticy and slimy food..
all I sapu :P
btw, I like lady fingers & yam ...

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger lance-s said...

Hi Fish Fish,

I tried making that yamaimo and had it over hot rice. I don't know about this. There wasn't any flavor, just slimy. I guess it has to be mixed with some other ingredients or seasonings. I love that slimy Namenoko mushroom. I usually fry up a firm tofu, put a fried egg battered eggplant on top, than topped with the Namenoko mushrooms and a dash of soy sauce. Tasty and refreshing. Natto mixed with the package mustard, that wet bottle nori mixture and a raw egg. Great stuff. Natto alone... well, kind of potent.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger JoeC said...

when i was a lil boy, they nickname me "bandaraya", so, sticky, slimy, or not, i kasi gostan masuk la. Lady fingers in curry yaay!...yam...deep fried any version yaay!, eggplant...skin it then steam with a dash of sesame oil...real slimy and taste good...or can deep fried in slices or cook in curry..yaay! Cheers!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, this post gave me some idea for my next exotic food post :)

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger MrsT said...

Donch like slimey food..! makes me wanna puke..!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

I like glutinous anything. That sticky rice reminds me of some Thai specialty dessert. But right now, come come...I belanja you spaghetti for dinner. *winks*

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger obachan said...

I love yamaimo and nametake, but natto is a little different story. Eating natto is kind of frustrating because it's hard to chew on the beans.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

acrix : Slimy rice?? You mean porridge??

chen : have you ever try chopped raw lady finger on cold Mian Xian? It is heaven. ;)

lance-s : Yap, the yamaimo will taste good with soy sauce and wasabi in it. Some even like to mix it with raw egg to put on the hot rice. Try it. Hey, some Natto are nasty, but some are divine. Yum~

cameljoe : Ah~ you are making home sick for Malaysian curry now. *myak*

cooknengr : I am waiting though you latest one on See Gua nice nice too.

mrst : Hehe... my dear, you seem to have quite a number of things you donch eat. Tell me, what is you most favorite food then?

primrose : *wink back* You care to develope a vegetarian version to let fish fish try? I will bring omiyage for you as exchange. Tee hee hee. I like the way how you use double cheese.

obachan : Hey, obachan, did you know use natto to cook mabo tofu is brilliant?? Have you ever tried? I learnt tat from TV. :P

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Not really porridge that liquid :) More like sticky rice like that~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home