Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Drive in Shikoku (Pt 4, Sept 18)

I think I am getting sick. Been sneezing many times today, and head feeling so heavy. Uh! Yet, I have to do my work. Bless me to get well after tonight's sleep.

Ok, back to my Shikoku post.



Away from the river, we reached seaside.


We came to a place called Tatsukushi for a walk, under hot mid day sun.




Ah~ from far, it looked like other normal seaside, with a lot of rock and nice sea view.




However, when you take a closer look at the stones, you will be amazed by how creative the shape of the stones in this area.

The power of wind and wave and the magic that form in a few thousand years. The art that would not be easily copycat by a human work.




Cute!! Yuko looked tiny in between these gigantic Dragons that seemed to be stabbed by hundreds of spears, forming cracks on their bodies.




Wah~~~ look what Yuko found??? A heart in a rock basin. Soooo romantic!^_^

Too bad, I couldn't bring it home.




While me and Yuko still lagging at the very front area, the three guys already walked faraway to take their photos. It turned up that we didn't go that far, the 2 girls just tried to explore around the front area.




Yuko walked further down to the area near the sea...

After a while, she shouted, "Fish Fish~~~ come!!! See what did I find? Quick, come~~~"

Her voice floated with the wind came to my ears.




Haha!! Turned up she was very amazed by the wave that past through this small hole and formed a strong splash. Every time the splashed happened, she will mouth open wide wide with her 2 rabbit teeth shining bright under the sunshine.

Super kawaii~~~




It turned up to be an effect of the boat that past by.




"Dear Mr. Boat, did you know your unintended act captured our Yuko's heart so effectively. She has been admiring at your masterpiece for minutes. "

I've seen a lot of strong wave and splash, so not too impressed.




In fact I was more eager to see the living creatures around this area. Ai yar~ such a small abalone. Kind of lovely.

This stony area have quite a lot of things living on it.

I saw an old guy was looking for something, so I asked him, "Ojisan, what are you trying to find?"

"I'm looking for octopus." He said.

"Octopus?? Did you say octopus?? You can get octopus here??" Oh~ that attracted my attention a lot.

"Yap, I got one last week, just 1 m away from the area you are standing now. Very huge. Around 2 kg."

"Wah~~~ did you catch any already for today??" Man, my adrenaline was running wild.

"Nope, seem like no luck today."

Splash!! I was like having cold water poured over my head. *sob sob*

However, after a while, he handed something over to Yuko and me.

Wah~~~ it was sea urchin!!! He taught us how to hold. The 2 sakai girls were busy took turn to take pictures with it.

Then I asked, "Ojisan, is it dangerous?"

"Oh yes, be very careful with the thorn, they are poisonous."

-_-""" Ojisan, you should have said that earlier.




Meet this lucky sea urchin, got the honour to take photos with the 2 sweets ladies. *cough cough* *ah hem*

My first time observed how the sea urchin bottom looked like.

Then, we let it go. Bye bye~~~

It was time to make our move.

"Ojisan!!! Ganbatte ne~~~ Bye bye!!!" He was faraway from us already. The way I shouted, duh~ there gone my fairlady image.

"Bye~~~" He shouted back. Such a kakkoii ojisan. Definitely different from the one I saw earlier.




There was this very Chinese temple looking building at Tatsukushi.

It turned out to be a Coral Museum.

Well, we didn't see any coral, as we didn't want to waste money on such thing.




Hohoho!! But I got a lovely spider eating its prey inside the building.

Gee... the way it eating made my stomach grumbling.

Yeah~ we too need food. It was lunch time!




So, we stopped by in this souvenir shop to settle our lunch.

It was full house at that time. We had to wait for empty table.




So, we strolled around the shop for some free sampling.

Nope, not fish. I was busy trying river weed. :P




Also, enjoy seeing live sea creature. These clams are so red. They even spilt water once in a while. Remind me of my little Anson, he always spill water high high everytime after he has taken his bath. -_-"

Woo Hoo!!! Finally, our mum mum time. ^_^




A bowl of fresh sashiki donburi of Yuko. *this is normal*




A bowl of lightly roasted bonito (Katsuo Tataki) of mmulibra. *this is also normal*




Ok, guess what this is?

It is a famous delicacy in Kochi. It is made of Moray Eel. The dish is named Utsubo No Tataki.

Oh, how many of you know how an moray eel look like?

If you don't, come, let fish fish show you. It looks like...


THIS!! (Photo taken form here)

Hehe, Li Xing, I wonder if you dare to challenge it or not if you have know how it looked earlier. :P

Well, according to him, it was very tasty. Once again proved, "I am very ugly, but I am very soft". ;)




Next, another weird delicacy.

I only know Japanese eat Ocean Sunfish from bloggering away when she talked about her experience in a fishing boat.

Who knows after months, I finally have a chance to see people eating Sunfish for real! Thanks to Choo for making the choice. ^_^ Chance for me to make a unique food report.

According to Choo, Manbo (Japanese name for Ocean Sunfish) has a very special texture. It taste like very sweet fish, but texture is like a very fibrous mushroom. Geee... the moment I heard the word mushroom, almost intended to try.

But still...


Mola mola is too cute. Don't you think so?




So, apart from all those new weird foods that I encountered, I sticked to a plate of very normal yet very healthy bowl of vege cold udon.

Mmm~~~ I love the udon texture. It was very good. Chewy!

*burp*

p/s: I'm going to post 2 special reports on trip in Kyoto before I continue Shikoku again.

10 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger mmulibra said...

Aiyor, still in Shikoku aaa...^_^

Dunno when will be hokkaido aa....

Like dat, Christmas oso cannot finish lor

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Nightraveller said...

It tastes like Chicken, weird isnt it?
As long as you dun slaughter the soon-become-food animal in front of me, basically I eat anything...he he he!

When I was in Sri Aman staying in the long house, I love the Iban special way of cooking where the pork is stuffed inside the bamboo. But after I witnessed they slaughter the pig in the compound on the second day, I felt so guilty >_<

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

those eels looked very geli to me :p

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, 這篇好色喔.又龜, 又串..有鮑魚, 有蚌, 有長毛毛的丸子, 有流著水的小河, 有擩動滑溜溜的七寸鰻, malo malo 的嘴嘴也像似吮著什麼的...wah.. 不守清規的小尼, 在想什麼?..吃多几年的素..思過思過吧.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Japanese eat sea urchin rite?

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Lee Ai Ling said...

Lovely place Shikoku. Am going next year for my conference....tht is IF i get my scholarship extension!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mmulibra : Shikoku another 3 post will finish. :P Gomen gomen. You know I am very busy now, can't post regularly as usual.

nightraveller : Oh~ like chicken. That is weird. Eh~ you wanna challenge ulat sago in Kuching? I chia. ;)

babe_kl : The looked geli to me too.

cooknengr : Colour Ghost. One again proof you are not Liu Geng Qing Jing. San Jai, San Jai.

acrix : Yesh... they do eat sea urchin roe. I had once in Hokkaido. The super fresh one. It was amazing.

lee ai ling : Which part? Hey, aren't your scholarship will end until you finish study? I thought it should be 3 years for PhD?

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Wow, this is one interesting post!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Primrose : We think alike! ;)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger mmulibra said...

I got the Tatsukushi Video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=cO8P6Sf4Sy4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home