Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Drive in Shikoku (Pt 5, Sept 18)

Geee... today is not a good day for me at all. I got a letter from the police station in Hokkaido, and called this morning. Well, will wait until the thing is settled then I will write in here. Meanwhile, don't want to think so much now.

Bless me.

Ok, I'll try to end my Shikoku trip posts by end of this week. I wish I can update everyday as usual, but life have been really hectic for me. Just bear for another 3 months ok? Promise will back to an active blog as before.

Well, continue my Shikoku report from the earlier post.

After having a nice meal by seeing how Japanese served moray eel and ocean sunfish, we continued our journey.




We walked down on a very nice and shady path.




It led us to this shrine's gate in the middle of the staircase. Hmmm... didn't see any sign of shrine there.




However, the ocean view from this point was splendid. The sky and the water so blue.

Very hot though.




Eventually, at the end of the path, I saw this Hakusan Doumon. It is the biggest granite cave door in Japan that formed by the power of sea.

How big is it? Height : 16 m (10 fish fish will need to be same height as it). Width : 17 m.




It laid nicely at this stony shore.




See the contrast of my gang with the door behind? They were in fact sitting quite faraway from the cave door.

Ah~ you couldn't see clear from here... but Yuko is holding a heart shape stone on her hands. Sweet!

Going down the path was easy... but it required more effort to walk back to our car.




Yuko was kind of exhausted due to the steep walk.

"Yang~ torturing. I can't even breath properly now. My heart is beating so fast." Tee hee hee... the youngest among us, Yuko was complaining to me.

But still, she has to drag herself up.

Our spiderman of the day, Lixing, such a gentleman. Yuko walked one step, he walked one step. Giving a great support for Yuko to reach the top. ^_^




mmulibra spotted these nice spiders.

"Fish Fish, got big spiders there." He said to me when we caught up with him and Choo.

"Spider? Where?!" Yah... I am fetish in taking spider pictures. Definitely not going to miss out this chance.

Woohoo... there you are. Please tell me this one is nice. ;)




Then we moved to Ashizuri Cape. The southest part in Shikoku.

Woo hoo!




First, we walked past a long path with nice trees at 2 sides...




Then, the nice sea view revealed in front of us.




Such a nice blue sea. Too bad, I am very bad in swimming. Ok, I don't know how to swim is a better say. If not, I would take off my shoes and jump into it.




We saw there were signboards quoting "Seven Wonders of Ashizuri". We were trying to find all of them in the area, but we only managed to discover 4 of them.

Wonder 1 : The hole of hell.




Wonder 2 : Stone that have writing of Master Kobo with his nails.

Master Kobo was a famous monk in Japan.




Wonder 3 : The place for calling turtle.

It is said that Master Kobo called a turtle from this spot. Then he sat on the turtle's back and sailed through the sea safely.




Wonder 4 : The shrine's gate that failed to build up in one night by Master Kobo

Master Kobo was building this shrine's gate at one night. However, the devils pretended to sound like cock's crow. Master Kobo thought the day has turned bright and he stopped.

Ai yar~ the other 3 wonders... Anyone of you in Shikoku have any idea about it? Please tell me.




The southest lighthouse in Japan. Not big, but very nice to see in a good weather day. See the blue sky, and this white lighthouse? Nice contrast.




Well, this small lighthouse has started to operate since 1914. standing proudly above this 18m-cape.

My last glimpse on it... before we moved on to a camp site to stay for a night.

To be cont.

8 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

wow, Japan really is a nice place for holiday. So many beautiful places...but ar fish fish, from your post it looks like you go travel more than you study ler =P

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger mmulibra said...

I got the video for Hakusan Doumon here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=A6aISNTgGJw

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Rabbit Sim said...

Fish,
Shikoku drive still not finished @@

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

The sea is gorgeous! Ur not afraid that the spider might jump towards u when u take the photo? I am kinda paranoid of insects :P Moray eel and cave, hmm~

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Fish Fish...Eng eng 要禁馬打镣了

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Kimberlycun said...

nice hair!!!!

p/s: babe, whats the matter with the police? hope everything's alright *hugs*

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Pinkity said...

Very nice! Is it just me or the lighthouse looked like the one they had in The Ring? O.o Moremoremore on Japan please!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

wilson : Heeee... when I play, I play hard hard. When I study, I study die die. :P

mmulibra : Saw them. Very nice, especially the Tatsukushi. ^_^

rabbit sim : Still got 2 more. *blush*

acrix : Heee... except cockroach and centipede, I don't really scare of insects. :P

cooknengr : *knock your head* *touch wood*

kimberlycun : Thanks dear. I'll talk about the police thing once everything settle. *muak*

pinkity : Hehe... can't really remember the scene in The Ring, except the "Crawl out from TV" *shudder*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home