Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Chowder's

I was meeting a friend in train station. Then, we saw this interesting shop, Chowder's.

Guess what? This is actually a soup bar. Yap, the whole shop mainly sells "soup", different type of soups.

It quoted "Soup Bar that came from Seattle". Hmmm... next time must try the original in Seattle then.

I've seen this Soup Bar in TV, but have never tried one before. So, grabbing the chance, each of us decided to try one type of soup. We chose the limited edition. Each medium cup was for 600yen, a bit expensive.




The 1st one was called "Japanese Style Seaweed and Assorted Mushroom Consomme Soup".

For a medium cup, it was only 75kcal. A very healthy choice.

The umami of 4 types mushroom (Shimeji, Eringi, Maitake and Shitake) and different vegetables dissolved into the clear soup nicely. Nice portion of dry rock seaweed was topped on it.

The combination of moutain and sea products in this bowl of soup was indeed brilliant. I like the taste of this version.




The next one we ordered was this cup of creamy soup. More to western style.

It is called "Colourful Root Vegetable Soybean Chowder". A medium bowl like this would give you 198kcal.

The chowder was using soybean and broadbean paste to give a Japanese touch to the soup. There was a generous portion of different root vegetables inside such as carrot, lotus root and burdock.

It was not a bad choice, but somehow I felt the taste was not strong enough. It would be better if they made it slightly more salty.

Well... I like the concept though. Soup Bar... what a nice and sweet name. :)

8 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Interesting indeed ..FF..!! i would love the seaweed soup.. alot..!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger obachan said...

Interesting. I wonder how many kinds of soup they have.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger fooDcrazEE said...

if only they have this is Malaysia. Like obachan, how many soup are there in the menu ?

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Chen said...

Soup Bar? Nice name.

I love soup..
I can drink few bowls of soup :D

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

I would prefer the seaweed soup i think :P

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

I love thick, creamy soup. Yummm! Actually I also love chunky meat in it. :)

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mamabok : Yap, interesting shop.

obachan & foodcrazee : I think I saw about 15 choices of soup on the menu. Not to mention the "side dish" bread and salad.

chen : Ai yah~ we sama sama in this again. Soup pails??

acrix : Actually, I prefer it too.

primrose : My favorite creamy soup would be Mushroom soup. Ahaks!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Chen said...

haha.. soup pails?:P
I guess it is alright to become soup pails, as long as it's not rice pails or fan tong/饭桶 :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home