Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dating with Yuriko (Feb 11)

I was having a date with my girlfriend, Yuriko last Sunday.

Someone always quote fish fish as Lai Chuang Zhu. Hmmm!!! Wait till you see Yuriko.

We decided to spend our time in Kyobahsi, Osaka. I've used this place uncountered time as transfering station for train, but never really spend time to walk around the place. So did Yuriko.

The 2 girls, with empty stomach, search from one restaurant to another just for a lunch. I think we spent 45 min to make our (ehhem, should be fish fish) final decision. We turned up in a chicken specialty restaurant.




Yuriko was confused whether to choose a chicken burger or a karaage (Japanese style fried chicken). She decided to go for the later.

While fish fish...




...had a Unagi Don.

-_-""" Why was I ordering a Unagi in a chicken shop? I also couldn't answer. In fact, when my order came, I looked at Yuriko and asked her, "Dear, why am I not ordering a chicken?"

"Why?" she asked back.

I shrugged.

We stared at each other and laughed.

Silly fish.

Anyway, the lunch was ok. Nothing to brat about. Unagi nearby my house tasted much better.

After the main meal, time for feeding our little stomach. Yap, dessert time!!!




Yuriko is a BIG FAN of Crepe. So, nothing better than getting one crepe to share among the two. It was a good crepe. Hehe... somehow everytime my date with Yuriko, there would definitely a crepe as an interval. ;) In fact, I only eat crepe when I am with her.

We were full. We need to burn our energy. So we went together for karaoke for the 1st time. It has been more than 3 years she didn't step into a karaoke room. We sang for 2 hours.

Great time!!

Then, purikura time. The two girls were acting cute in front of the automatic print club machine. Hehe...

Before we realised, dawn came. Soon, the whole street became dark.

That is when Kyobashi starting to get alive. Interesting!!! So many Pachinko shops and eating places around this area at night.

Ah~ now I understand why my sensei was telling me Kyobashi is a night town. It really is. Guys who like to act as a Japanese ojisan, should really experience this place. Eat and drink till you drop, Sha Pao Niao, then Ding Ding Dong Dong go home. Tee hee hee...

Me no eyes see.

Anyway, Yuriko and I decided to have our dinner together as well. We went into a yakiniku (grill meat) shop.

I had a Hot-Pepper coupon with me, so after looking around at a few yakiniku shops, we decided to try the one that I have the coupon, Gyudaiou.

We were the 1st customer for that day. It was 7.00pm already, yet the shop was so empty. We were very sceptical with empty place, but somehow we decided to give it a try.

It was my first time on a yakiniku shop in Japan. Kinda excited.




I ordered a glass of fresh grapefruit juice. Very refreshing. Love the way I could mix the ruby grapfruit by myself into the white one. It was fun!!




Yuriko's oolong tea, as recommended by the staff. He said the oolong tea portion is better.

Gee... didn't expect it to be this generous. HUGE!!




Then assorted namuru were served.




And the Chinese cabbage kimchi.

I'm not so keen on the taste of the namuru, but the kimchi was good, though I prefer it too be more spicy and sour.




This is Yukke Pibinba. A dish recommended by Yuriko. Actually she wanna me to try Yukke (raw beef that is marinated with some kind of spicy sauce), but she is kinda worry pure Yukke would make me stomach ache.

How thoughtful.

This one was good too, but the spiciness just too mild for me. Urgh~




The main thing for the night.

Thick cow's tongue. Each tounge is about 1cm thick. 5 of this small pieces cost 1200yen. Too bad, it was not a Japanese beef.

I've never had any cow's tongue in my whole life. It was totally a new eating experience for me.




Cow's tongue is Yuriko's top favorite for meat. She told me she can eat cow's tongue non-stop. With her very expertised skill, she started to grill the tongue for me, while I was busy taking pictures. :P

First, I tried a medium cook, decided didn't like the too raw taste.

Then, I tried a well-done cow tongue.

This was GREAT!!! I love the texture. Chewy yet crunchy. Errr... don't really know how should I describe it. It was definitely very different from eating other parts of cow.

Yes, I think I know why yuriko like a cow's tongue. I would definitely wanna try it again, this time I will make sure I get a Japanese cow's tongue. ;)




We also had a plate of meat mixture plate, for 1500yen, with different parts of beef, pork and chicken was served.




The dripping oil to the charcoal made "Cha Cha Cha" sound non-stop. It was a fun time to pick one by one slowly into our mouth while we enjoyed Kanpai to each other.

Girls' talk in this kind of environment was a new experience, yet fun.




We ended our order for the day with scallop.




This was the least favorite dish of the night.

Ah well~

Overall, the food was ok. The service was warm. We had 15% discount form the coupon as we consumed more than 500yen.

I love my first experience on the cow's tongue. I found another thing to let my mum and aunt try when they come. ^_^

Thank you Yuriko. It was indeed a very pleasurable day with you. Muak!!

14 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger DieHardX said...

i wan 2 date yuriko too.........

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, you forgot to mention Shochu in the grapefruit drinks.
I want to go to Osaka..for the 野狗撒尿

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

the fried chicken and the cow's tongue look really yummy. The meat mixture plate, for 1500yen...on the right corner, is that brain?? X_X its look like a brain slice into two.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

*sob sob* u only date yuriko... never date me....:(

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

i don even know that cow's tongue can be eaten....but look yummy....now i really wan to go to Japan liaw...all the good/interesting/weird foods..

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger domesticgoddess said...

cow's tongue... hmmm interesting! definitely want to try it when have the chance (heh i am adventurous when it comes to good food)

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

wow...just looking at those food makes my mouth water. You should be the host of a food feature show like "jalan-jalan cari makan" or something.
Yuriko is really cute. I bet some of your guy readers are drooling non-stop until the neighbourhood is flooding already :p

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger sixthseal said...

cow tongue! i love cow tongue!

never had fresh ones though, only the ones in cans from UK. apparently people in england eat cow tongue.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

diehardx : In Japan or Singapore? :P

cooknengr : -_- Wild dog?? Not old dog mer? Hehe... This one is 100% pure graper juice, no alcohol inside. wanna diet ler~

wilson : No, it's not brain. It is the cow's ileum (Nyiu Chong).

~angel~: My dear, who says I never date you ar? But your time always not right with my time ler~ So everytime I date you, you cannot make it one. How about you tell me the time you wanna date me, I adjust my time for you. ^_^

kristopher : Cow's tongue, one of the must try part in cow.

domesticgoddess : I think I will try to buy one and make one by myself once I get back Kuching. Kuching's bloggers have Kou Fu lor~ LOL

miracle8 : Tell you a good news, she will be going to Kuching. ^_^ You wanna chia her a drink? :P

sitxhseal : One advice, fresh cow tongue is a MUST TRY!!! I wonder how is a canned cow tongue taste like. Hmmm...

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

What;s the white scoop of thing on the unagi don?

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Chen said...

That is really a gigantic mug :D
after comparing with the size of the palm. Hahhaa..

I have never tasted cow tongue before leh..

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

Acrix : Half boil egg. This thing is GOOD!!

chen : Cow's tongue is addictive. ;)

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

Heeeeeyyyyyy... No fair. I wanna date Yuriko too. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home