Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Fatty meat from the sea and sweet blogs

In my memory, I never had salmon when I was in Malaysia. Basically, I couldn't get any salmon during my school time in Kuching. By the time I flew to Peninsular to further my study, I was a vegetarian already. Even when I came to Japan, for almost 5 years, I've never tasted how a salmon was.

Since I broke my 11-year of vegetarian diet, I started to try many types of meat that I've never tried before. Including those from the sea. I've tried sashimi, the texture of these sashimi that can vary so much from species to species, didn't really amazed me with their taste, except prawn sashimi. I'm gonna do a special post on prawn sashimi when I've collected all the series. :P

Meanwhile, today, I'm going to post about a famous salmon dish in Japan, called Aburi Salmon. The meaning of "aburi" is a method that toast a raw meat lightly so that the umami flavour of the meat itself will be enhanced a lot while not destroying its firm yet melt-in-your-mouth texture.




In winter, fish has more fat than other seasons. It is always said winter is the best season for fatty fish.

This Aburi Salmon Sushi was topped with Ebikko/Tobikko and Wasabi Sauce. The presentation was good with light splash of mayonnaise and sweet sauce to give the nice motif. It made this plate of salmon looked high class.

Once put the whole thing into my mouth, it was amazing. The fatty part of the salmon blended very well into the meat to give a very soft yet rich texture. The salmon itself was fresh, so I didn't really sensed any fishy smell in it.

Good one!

Heee... guess what? I think I am adventurous to try another types of Aburi fishes in the future. The little heat really played a good effect to bring out the fish best taste.

Ok, side talk besides food.

I was HOME SICK... so HOME SICK that yesterday I spent a long time in browsing Kuching bloggers' blog. Some have been my long-time reading like:

sixthseal.com (*iish* He is in Sibu, nothing much I could get from it about Kuching at the moment)
senshi_princess83 (Well, this gal is leaving Kuching soon, to be with her baby in Australia. Salute her for making such a decision. All the best girl. We have 2 common things, both are Sagit, and she was from SMK Batu Lintang also, the only thing is, I am her senior. Tee hee hee...)
Digital Memory (Though not originally from Kuching, his posts have been curing me a lot of my homesickness. I love his sincere way in writing everything. So pure...)
kennysia (Celebrating his own CNY alone in hometown. But I'm sure he could find a way to have fun with his friends. One thing that I was very curious with is which high school he was from, as I saw a few familiar faces in his blog. Kuching is just too small. *sigh*)

These few people updating so few lately... And I am still craving for Kuching things. So, I went to look for more...

^_^ Guess what? I bumped into a few pretty Kuching girls' blogs. ;) So, happily wanna share with you all too. Ah~ I wonder when I back to Kuching, will I do the things as they are doing too or not. :P Thanks girls, for sharing.

Rachael's Diary (She looks really familiar to me. I just couldn't recall where have I seen her. Could she be one of my ex-students? LOL)
AiLYnN86 (Ai yar~ same age as my cousin who also just had her STPM. Reminded me of my STPM life in SMB St. Joseph. It was very fun to see how she drew all those funny thing on the STPM exam paper with the extra time. I didn't do that, but I played with a spider that conidicently visiting me when I was having the exam. Hope you get a good result. Life is just going to begin with another stage.)
leen mafia (A sexy babe. Has her own style in writing. I found kenny's pic in her old blog. Oops... Once again proof Kuching is really small. -_-""")
feNnLyn (Sweet. And she got a lot of sweet friends too. Can make guys drooling. :P But one thing that I'm attracted most to her blog is the way she writes. Reminded me so much of the way my friends speak back home. Ah~ I miss these Char Bor friends of mine too. Can't wait to buzz them soon.)
aNNa_B3LLa (Seem like she just passed her exam, and time to bid farewell to her student's life soon. Was wondering where to work. Now, isn't her situation just sound like mine. Gosh... now, anyone wanna hire me? *gulp*)

I've book marked them. Seeing these girls' activities are fun. Can't wait for myself to be spoilt back in Kuching then.

Muak!!

10 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Hey..FF,
I know how you feel about missing home..! but soon you will be.. so tahan a little bit more ok. :)
Love your meat post.. :) more please.. :)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger fooDcrazEE said...

the dish looks so delish!

a lil while more lil sis. Relax and before u know it, u will miss Japan again.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger lance-s said...

That salmon sashimi looks so good. Have Fish Fish try hamachi sashimi yet?

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mamabok : Hehe... surprised to hear that people actually enjoying my meat posts. -_-""

foodcrazee : Yah... true. I think I will miss Japan when I am away from it. Human nature huh~ :P

lance-s : Once, with a friend. But he said that is not the best. So, I'm curious how will a great hamachi sashimi tastes like. Any description Lance?

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger lance-s said...

Fish Fish,

Hamachi is one of my favorite sashimi because of it's flavor, texture and sweet oilyness. I get a feeling Japan's hamachi is much better than the ones we have here, so I'll wait for your detailed description. Enjoy your meat eating journey and thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm enjoying it. But don't over-do-it and, as your mom would say, "don't forget your veges". LOL :^)

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

lance-s : Ok, I hope I get to try a really good Hamachi before I'm away. Hey hey, thanks for the concern lance, I'm still taking vege much more than meat. ;) It is my food experiences for these few months.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger leenmafia said...

I love jap food! And oh yes. Kuching is that small...know this person from high school, that person who went to the same tuition centre etc. LOL.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Aileen : ^_^ Nice to see you here. Oops... I might bump into you when I go back to Kuching then.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger leenmafia said...

Oh dear I'm not in Kuching now. Still studying in W.M'sia. Will finish by April though then yeah sure, we can meet up then ;)

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

aileen : Yap I know. You in Johor now right? But we never know what can coincidence creates in life. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home