Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hokkaido Kattedon

ARITSU. ^_^

Today is a very special date... February 22, 222. Nice figure.

22 always have a very special meaning for me. ^_^ I like.

I even decided to put the date and time all into 222222. *Pening*

Ok, back to my food adventures that I had in Hokkaido last year September, I did eat quite a few unique things that one wouldn't find in other part of Japan.

One of them, I found it in Kushiro city, in Washo Market.




They named it Kattedon.

What is a Kattedon?

In simple description, it will be Own Way Rice.




The whole Washo market has many stalls that selling different type of fresh sea product that caught from the local sea.

For making a Kattedon, there are 3 steps.

1st step, buy a rice (S, M or L) from the rice counter.

2nd step, go to the above seafood stall to choose the fresh seafood that you would like as topping. Each is about 100g and the price is depent on the varieties.




I chose 2 types of little orange egg.




Final step, mix everything together and start enjoy your own original meal. ;)

I was very sceptical with the shell-attached eggs at first.

However, the stall people promise me it would be heavenly good, when I said I wanna them to recommend some egg for me.

Hmmm... after their good persuasion on me, I decided to dig 350yen for these 2 types of egg.

GOSH!!! How glad I was to try on it. Or else, I would sure miss a great thing in my life.

If you ever tried tobikko, or ebikko, or shishamoko... etc... you know, the little orange egg that gave you the unique explosive texture on your every bite on them...

If you tell me you do enjoy those little orange egg...

Then, listen to me... Nothing beat these 2 orange egg that I was having that day. I ranked them as the top of all little orange egg.

The umami of the egg, the unique texture... with its absolutely undoubted fresh from the sea quality...

I was having wave by wave of high tide attacking me with each bite on them. My imagination was like this - I had my 2 legs on the 2 creatures that bringing me sailing across the fierce sea, without fearing it at all...

Who are these 2 creatures? The mothers of the little orange egg that I mentioned above.

May I introduce you...




Mama Tarabagani...




... and Mama Kegani.

Geeee... the power of Mama. NO DOUBT.

;)

10 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Yummy..FF..!! i love those lil' orange eggs too.. :)

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Kristopher said...

sound like Cooking Master Boy reviews... :)

I donno why i don even get used to the taste of these small orange eggs but i still eat them.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger fooDcrazEE said...

sounds fun and delish!

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

hey Fish fish,
I haven't commented in a while, sorry~ >__<
I really wished I knew which one of the Maikos in the previous post was you. At least when you come back to Kch, I will know that its you mah... :D But all of you look absolutely stunning... I don't think I can carry off that look, honestly.
Hope your insomnia has worn off now. I can't take coffee after 4pm, I get hyperactive. Which is bad when I want to get a decent night's sleep.
Are those orange eggs caviar? I think you would love Denmark, they have some of the most delicious caviar there. And herring too! Wah until now also I still think about it leh....
%______%

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, 餓餓,餓餓 or 哦哦,哦哦 fit both a Kuishinbo and a 賴床豬 :)

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

The roe is from which species of fish? THe photo with the rice and roe looks so orgasmic :)

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger jitpunkia said...

interesting blog . but that aint kuching aint it . or have i been away too long

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger sixthseal said...

it looks great! your description made me want to eat it now. :(

roe from crabs...interesting. can't get it over here.

do they heat up the kattedon or is it eaten cold and raw? i presume the latter?

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

mamabok : Yeah~ Cute and yummy!!

kristopher : Hehe... pardon me, but I don't know who is Cooking Master Boy. Mind to intoduce? :P

foodcrazee : Yap. I love the taste and texture.

miracle8 : No problem dear. I know u busy. ^_^ Well, you'll see me in April. Sabar yar~ My imsonia ok now, as long as I don't take tea nor coffee. Thanks.

cooknengr : Lai Chuang good for Mei Rong. Hmm!!

acrix : Nope. It's Taraba crab and Hairy crab's roe. ;)

jitpunkia : Nope. These are all in Kyoto, Jitpun. I'm studying here at the moment.

sixthseal : Hehe... u are right, it's the latter. Something just taste much better in raw that cooked. ;)

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

IT;s already in the post but i din read it. Yaiks, blur me~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home