Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Karaage

Karaage, one of the most common dish in Japan. Almost every party you will see karaage is served.

So, what is Karaage?

It simply means deep-fried meat.




The most common is this... Chicken karaage.

Usually, meat of thigh part is used.

The freshly fried crunchy outer layer gave a very good contrast to the juicy and soft inner part.

One of the greatest dish to Kanpai with your drinking companions while biting these heavenly yummy chunks.

So, beside Chicken karaage, I found out in my food adventures that there are another 2 great Karaage.




The Octopus karaage. Highly recommended.

I tasted octopus sashimi, and I don't like it.

So, I gave a try on the Octopus karaage to see if it gonna change my concept of it.

My comment is : THE MUST TRY!!!

Gosh~ the texture, the fragrance, the taste...

No complain.

It was fried until golden crispy on the outer layer, yet giving one a great pleasure it munching the chewy yet breakable inner part of it.

Even thinking about it now making me salivating. I must say the seafood in Japan is great because of this dish.




The next one.

Can you figure out what are these little creatures?




Tralala~~~ Baby crabs karaage.

The crab species for this is Zuwaigani.

When I ordered it, I didn't think they will be this small.

So, I had my warm plain water on my left hand, and this Crab karaage on my right hand.

One by one I chunked down this crispy and full of calsium dish.

The whole thing was so crunchy, until some of the shell was slitted in between my teeth.

Argh~ the work to get those shell off my teeth, how troublesome.

But then, it was still a very good experience for me.

;) So tell me, which Karaage would you like to try? ^_^

11 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger FH2O said...

I'll have d Baby crabs karaage please! TQ kindly (and i have my dental floss ready!)

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Yuen Li said...

Hehehe, I love ANYTHING that's deep-fried*. ;)



*unless it's internal organs or offal (eg liver, heart, lungs, etc), or any unusual meats (eg dog, cat, zebra, hippo, orang-utan, etc), or cartilage (eg finger nails, toe nails, claws, hooves, etc), or certain body parts (eg feet, backsides, etc). ;)

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger sixthseal said...

the octopus karaage looks great! i can see the suckers on the tentacles! mmm... ;)

had something similar (?) to the crab karaage, they call it deep fried soft shell crab and it's really small like the baby ones you've shown. not sure of the exact type of crab though...

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Fish fish,
the baby crab wins hands down! :D I'd love to have some... (probably in my dreams....) >__<

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, flavorwise I'd think the chicken would be the best as the mixture of fat, red meat, blood, bone...a complex mix of flavor.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger lance-s said...

Decision, decision........Which one's the best?????? Which one&%#% Which one#&%(#% Oh, my head hurts. Give me all three.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

fish fish's posting sure is tempting....must save money to go Japan..must save... :)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

I love the ALL the karage, but chicken 3rd =)
I like to chew octupus tentacles slowly..oh! what a heaven! I never tried crap kagare before thou.. ekek.. Love to try it one day. Actually I dont mind the shell stucked in my teeth.. cos i can floss my teeth very fast =P

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

wah. now you are into meat dee ? i am getting fat. good food in malaysia. well not that i eat out all the time. it is like all-you-can-eat for free in my workplace canteen. i am doing ok. so when are you coming back ?

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

everybody : Sorry guys, no mood now. Reply later.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

fh20 : Hehe... we go tangkap in the river by kayaking next time.

yuen li : Anything? But your don't eat list quite a number too. :P

sixthseal : Yap, the octopus was the best. I have yet to try soft shell crab in M'sia. Seen many reviews about it. Never tried.

miracle8 : We can try to do one together some days. What do you think? ;)

cookengr : The octopus strongly recommended for a so-hard-to-satisfied kuishinbo like you. :P

lance-S : Oops... greedy lance. Hehe.

kristopher : ^_^ Hope you make your food adventures here one day.

cynthia : Dear, next time we compete, see who can floss faster. Tee hee hee.

patrick leong : April. When do you wanna go to Kuching?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home