Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Rice Burger

IMPORTANT NOTICE : Dear all food bloggers, or bloggers who post about food as part of the talk in your blogs, if you are reading this blog, please come to join this food bloggers' group. It is called Foodie Goodie Goodness Frappr (source refer to mum-mum). Make it Big BIG BIG!! Make it one of the biggest food site for gaining information about foods in different region. I think it will be a very helpful site in future. Fish Fish thank you all in advance for your support and participation. ARIGATOU~~~ ^_^ REMINDING : Don't forget to write your blog link in the SHOUTOUT!

Ok, back to my talk for today.

Hehe... I heard 2 complaints from bloggers about how suck McD in Malaysia. First, Joyce grumbled about nothing-to-offer-24/7 outlet and yucky taste, then Huai Bin was really pissed off by the stooopid centralized system for a delivery service. What is that chili sauce thing in a paper cup??? What kind of style is that??? Yah... amazing how a global famous fast food has such a service in Malaysia.

For those of you have been following my daily updating, should remember I post about a comparison on McD and Mos Burger on one of their menu. I definitely chose the latter.

Last week, I went to Mos Burger for a dinner again before I hit my 2-hour gym. Hehe...

I'm going to tell you how good was my Japan's originated rice burger. It was so finger licking good that it made fish fish loving it soooo much. Muah~

I wanted to try the rice burger long long time ago. Almost did with my first visit to Mos Burger but changed my mind at the last minute.

This time, I made up my mind on trying it finally. I was so glad I did it.

After pondered for a while, I decided to have a Mos Rice Burger Seafood Kakiage (with salt sauce) set meal, with a S size green salad (with Japanese style dressing) and a bowl of clam chowder. The whole thing was for 600yen.




First my bowl of boiling clam chowder was served.

I was really impressed with the high quality of this soup from a fast food restaurant. When I said boiling, it really meant boiling. Even when the soup was served, the sweet and pretty lady staff was warning me to be cautious with the hot soup.

Ah~ nothing beat a happiness gained when having your inner organs all warmed up with a bowl hot soup in damn cold winter day.

I think I am addicted to the taste. It was creamy, yet not too rich until could make one feel sick after having too much. The ingredient inside was generous, not just the soup. So I actually enjoying chewing the chunk slowly for my face exercise. ;)




Then my bowl of green salad. Another high quality preparation. If you go and see the flow chart of their ingredients from farm till consumer's mouth, you could see the vegetables was the only one have the least flow line, and 100% from the farm in Japan.

Yes, this is a good salad. So good that I prefered to eat it without any dressing. The sweetness and crunchiness of these Vitamin and Fiber-tich substances. I was so enjoying it while waiting for my main meal of the night.

Just when I finished my soup and almost finishing my salad....




Tralala... my Seafood Kakiage Rice Burger was ready.

Ah~ so this is how a Japanese burger looks like. The rice-bun was lightly grilled with soy sauce was painted on the outer surface of the rice-bun. In between of these rice-bun, a freshly prepared Seafood Kakiage (a kind of cake-tempura with shredded veges and different seafood) was still having its smoke fuming out lightly. The whole thing smelt sooo good, provoking your appetite to get better.




Chomp Chomp Chomp!!!

What can I say? It was one of the best Kakiage I have ever had. The outer part of the Kakiage was so crunchy that you could hear the cracking sound of the crispy golden coat. Yet, the inner part of this Kakiage still remain the moisture that it should have. The whole thing was not overfried. By the time I realised it, ah~~~ the whole thing was gone into my mouth.

The whole thing only gave me 490kcal, which I burnt it with a 30-min step climbing that night. Yes, this is the kind of fast food that I love. Yummilicious, nutritious and relaxing meal.

Fish Fish is Loving it!!! ^_~

12 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

wasei~~~can help me tapao the Kakiage mou? look very delicious ler~~~

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger DieHardX said...

mcd has e most crappiest fastfood e world has 2 offer! e burgers r small, burgerking has better burgers than them, kfc has better chicken meat than them. e onli thing they can stand on par is perhaps e french fries. but i love mos burger fries. yummy!

i will opt 4 mos burger anytime over mcd's copycat FAN-tastic burger. FAN being rice in chinese, so lame! it tasted like e chinese dumpling rice! yew!

e mos burger menu u have in japan looks quite similar 2 e ones in s'pore. just 1 complaint though, e burgers r too small!

scallop organic rice burger was e latest burger i tasted from there. it has scallops, green beans n kakiage filling. YUMMY! i will post on it when i have e time. :)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Wished we had Mos Burger here..!!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger FH2O said...

Hmmm I always order Mos burger whenever I'm in spore.
Feelin' hungry liaow!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger fooDcrazEE said...

the only mos malaysia have is mosquito....the fries in McD is good but for burger i go for Burger King. If not, do myself lar..

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger sixthseal said...

mos burger has an outlet in singapore but not in malaysia, at least not as far as i know.

mcdonald's came out with a similar concept about a year (possibly more) ago, mainly in far east franchises (e.g. china and taiwan) which has a rice based "patty" instead of a bun to hold the stuff together.

i have got to try the mos burger in japan, it's sacrilage if i don't, being the fast food fan that i am. :)

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, no Nori ?

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Wow, haven't seen anything like that before. Rice burger??? Like glutinous rice like that.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

grouuuu grooouuuu *from stomach*

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

wilson : Tapao no good. I cook for you next time lor~

diehardx: Haha! Rice burger is good for me, though I don't feel like I'm eating a burger, rather than more to eating a good onigiri. ;)

mamabok : Too bad, mos burger only have in Japan, Taiwan and Singapore.

fh20 : Seriously, I wanna try one in Singapore to see if there is any different with the one in Japan.

foodcrazee : Haha... mosquito, so hilarious. I like. Hey, do you know in one of the African country, people eat mosquito?

sixthseal : Hey, BIG FAST FOOD FAN, you MUST TRY Mos Burger. They have it in Singapore, can try from there 1st. ;) Tell me you aftermeal opinion.

cooknengr : Nope. If put nori, it will become an Onigiri, not Burger anymore.

primrose : Dear, this one is really nice. Hey, all Japanese rice are Japonica species, so they are all the sticky and more sweet type, because the content of amylose are more than amylopectin if compared to Indica species (the one we usually consume).

acrix : Go get food with you ang pow money. Tee hee hee...

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger lance-s said...

Rice burger, what an interesting concept. Very curious to try one. Hopefully one of the japanese stores will start making them here.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

lance-s : I seriously think Mos Burger should extend their business in a more global way. Would make a big success. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home