Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ichigo Gari

Tomorrow is my big day, yet I am not feeling well now. I think I caught a cold. Was cycling fast under rain to school today without an umbrella as I gave it to my mum and aunt. They are exploring Nagoya by their own today, 1st time taking Shinkansen without me beside them. Tee heee heee... will be a great challenge for these 2 lovely ladies.

Ah~ I need to take medicine tonight, or else tomorrow will be a tough day for me to get through.

Well, in my lab clearing up my desk and my work now. Very tired. The lactate kept accumulating in my body.

Now try to take a short break from my work. Time for blogging. Geee... it has been 3 days since my last blog.




This is the typical green house you can see in Japan.

We visited this place on last Saturday. A rainy late noon.




Inside the green house, you can see many green plant like this. Only one type of green plant...

Any of you are familiar with this plant from the above picture?




It has very pretty white flower.

But once it bears the fruits, those lovely juicy fruit will capture most of the greedy pigs' hearts like fish fish. :P




Yes, I am talking about a whole green house with yummilicious strawberry (ichigo).

Man~ once entered inside, we started to salivate by looking at these red and big ichigo.




Tell me, would you able to resist such a temptation in front of you?




My mum and aunt, with Yuko and Yakkun were so busy in eating non-stop.

It was a strawberry buffet, ate as much as we could in 30 min. However, due to rainy day, and we were the only one out of 2 groups of visitors at that moment, they don't mind we stayed longer than that. Lucky~~~

Each of us paid 1300yen.

I was very busy taking photos in the beginning, fearing that once they started to gulp those pretty, big and juicy ones, no more drooling ones will be left for my little lover.

Haha!! I was right. Luckily I fed my lover in the beginning first.

Geee... did I ate less due to that?

Of course not... I was a tortoise racing with those rabbits...

They might be very fast in the beginning, but I was the durable one. ;)




Don't believe me?

See the 3 bags above...

It was the leftover eaten by me (left), Yakkun (middle) and Yuko (right).

Ha!!! Tell me who ate the most from the leftover? :P

11 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger FH2O said...

Interesting.

Are they sweet?
Most strawberries are sour. Cannot recall ever tasting one that's even mildly sweet.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger sixthseal said...

there's so many fun things to do in japan!

a strawberry buffet straight from a greenhouse, plucked fresh from the creepers. i haven't experienced that before. i've eaten fresh strawberries, but not in the scale of what i see in the pictures with that many plants.

btw, i think yakkun ate the most, comparing the size of his leftover bag. :)

i should have gone, i'm a big fan of strawberries, i can eat heaps of it.

how do they know when 30 minutes is up? do they time you when you go in?

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, gotta try Starwberries from Cooknengr's farm...if they ever sprout. We are adding strawberries this year.

How was 'eating" medicine ? wash it down with Chu-hi

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Chen said...

Japanese strawberries looks more elongated from the picture. I presume these strawberries are sweet (unlike the one we have here in the Msia supermarket).

I'm bad in guessing, cos I always guess the wrong thing :D Might be this time I will get the correct answer? I guess.... our beloved Fish Fish eats the most :D

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger miracle8 said...

fish fish ate the most! :D
I have to say that the Japanese are more sensible by planting the strawberries at waist level. Makes picking the strawberries a whole lot easier. When I was in UK, I went strawberry picking (a summer holiday job). The strawberries were planted on the ground. I had backache after "crawling" on the field for two days. (We start at 7.00am and finish at 2pm)--and I only got 2 pounds for each tray filled with 9 punnets of strawberries. 1 punnet is about 500 grams worth of strawberries. And they sell it for 4 pounds at the supermarkets (the very same ones I picked! I saw them at Marks and Spencer... Arrgghgh). 4 times 9=36 pounds. Minus my peanut pay of 2 pounds they still make 36 pounds profit leh. According to some of my seniors, it depends on whether you are lucky enough to be allocated a row that is full of ripe fruit. I was really unlucky that time-- the row I was assigned to, didn't have much fruit. :( But the good thing is, we get to eat for free at the end of the day, when there are punnets of strawberries which have not been filled up. And I also saw the different types of strawberries they grow on the farm. The round, plump ones are for consumption. The long, smaller ones (like those in your pictures) are used to make strawberry jam.

Its your big day tomorrow!!!!! Congrats!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger RON said...

strawberries are never sour....they're in fact 'tart'....even if sweet, strawberries are still 'tart'.

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Heheh.. Im a big fan of strawberry. I alone, myself, can eat few punnets within half an hour while watching tv. Sometimes I love with with vanila bean sugar.. =)
I bet FF ate the most. =) am I right?

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I bet the Kuishinbo wished the strawberries were first dipped in Dark Belgium chocolate, then a dash of soft fluffy whipped cream.

As she bite into the strawberry, the chocolate cracks into tiny piece and slowly melt in her mouth..with the cooling whipped cream blending into the strong chocolate, changing the mouth feel from a bitter sweet to mellow sweetness, finishing with a fresh sweetness with a subtle sourness and the goodness when the straberry seeds cracks.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

fh2o : Nope, these strawberry are SWEET!!! Japanese strawberry are one of the sweetest that I have tasted. ;) Do you know Japanese eat strawberry with condense milk?

sixthseal : Hehe... I would love to race with you eating strawberry. Yes, it was one of the most fun buffet I had in my life. Imagine walking rows by rows, pluck and eat. *slurp* Well, the time limit was not strict with us, we were allowed to eat till we drop. Instead, by 20 min, the strawberry juice is enough to fill up your whole tank.

cooknengr : Drink medicine!! Your strawberry guarantee sweet one or not?

chen : This is the long version one. They got all sort of strawberry in Japan. Yes dear, the strawberry was really sweet. And yes, I think I ate the most.

miracle8 : *blush* I guess I am, that's why I was named kuishinbo. Poor dear with the strawberry experience. One thing I amazed with the Japanese way is they always try to make thing to the most convenient for consumers. Which is really good for us. These strawberry are long and big. ;) SWEEEETTTTT~~~

ron : These strawberries neither sour nor tart. They were very juicy, soft and SWEEEET!!!

cynthia : Pardon me, but what is a vanilla bean sugar?

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger RON said...

just like you, Fish Fish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home