Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Flowers of the King

Not having a good mood tonight, due to the stupid working attitude of MAS officer in Kuching International Airport. I am really wondering what is the meaning of having a nice and new airport when they cannot even provide basic service that is a piece of cake in my eyes.

Really ridiculous to hear the officer actually took the umbrella of passenger to use as his/her own, and now they couldn't find the umbrella back for me. I am really very disappointed on the working attitude of this place, and very worry. It is so call the 1st place where people from around the world know Kuching for the 1st impression.

Enough on that. Don't want to let this stupid matter spoil my mood more tonight.

Time for a lighter moment...

Durian, is the King of Fruit. This is a common knowledge. But how many of you knows the magic of its flower can play?




In case if you don't know how durian flowers look like, here they are.

It is not durian season now, though I was craving for it. Somehow, miracle happened, I found 2 small plates for sell in Serian market.

Oolala~~~




Mum was out of chili. So, she was using belacan and small dry fish to stir fry them for me.

Gosh~~~ the moment I heard the sound of these beautiful flowers sizzling in the hot wok, I was getting excited as well.

Very soon, the whole nice smell of this plate slit through the kitchen door and was seducing my olfactory system.

It stimulated my saliva to keep dripping and my stomach started to sing.

By the time mum put this plate of belacan durian flower in front of me, I couldn't wait anymore. I actually ate 3 bowls of rice with it only. I finished almost whole plate of it by myself. :P

Man~~~ it is definitely one of the best vege that I enjoy a lot. So nostalgic, yet never able to forget.

Hehe... now tell me, how many of you actually know durian flower is a great delicacy. I am curious to know.

For those of you that never tasted this, make sure next time when you spotted durian flower in the market, don't let go the chance to try it. You will love it if you like paku and bidin. ;)

Time to have an early sleep. Diving class starts tomorrow.

12 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

First time I see durian flower =) Thanks for sharing.
Hey FF, if your internet connection got disconnected, and your post gone, you can still 'refresh' ( click "RECOVER" on the top left of the toolbar )
It and the most recent post will still turn up. It happens to me sooooo many times ;)
Oh! Diving ay? cool!! share with us next time, will ya? Im doing dinghy sailing at the moment =)

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

I only knoe they use the flower bud of banana but not flower of durian :P Something new for me~ I think the flower would smell good and taste better than the durian itself :P

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

BOut the MAS officer, i can only say first class facility with third world mentality!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger lance-s said...

There seems to be a lot of food you really missed and are totally enjoying eat them again. I must say, "very interesting" stuff and thanks for sharing as I never saw these or knew about them and hope to try them someday.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Hey..FF,
Never knew about Durian flowers before.. ! thanks for sharing..!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Pawn Sensei said...

Hello. My name is PawnSensei. I found your blog back in February right before I left for Kyoto. While I was there I looked everywhere for the Kiki that you mentioned in your Valentine's day post but couldn't find it. Was there any place near the Kyoto station that carried it? Thanks.

PS

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

FF you memang keng ahhh...at time like this u still can find Lurian Flowers.... cook with coconut milk also nice.... hehehe

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger miracle8 said...

gkMy family and I love durian flowers too! My uncle has a durian tree, so we never run out of durian flowers to eat... must bug him for some now. :D
Happy diving!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Wena said...

nice posting! :) wah...now make me very hungry.

btw, i'm *almost* vegetarian during this "weight-loss" period.

as for the MAS thing, drop a feedback comment at their website. who knows? you just might get some compensation during your next ticket booking? ^_^ new MAS management, they're very strict with their staff now. even if you do not have their names, you can tell them the day and time that it happened and what details you have in general.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, can open a 正宗客家抄榴槤花 stall at 老行家 or not ? Stall 89 is vacant.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cynthia : Thanks for the tip dear. ;) Geee... sailing? sound fun!!!

acrix : Ah~ but I never tasted any banana flower before yet. Mum was saying it is tart. Hmmm... I should really try it somedays.

lance-s : welcome to the land of borneo, the land with things that will never fail to amaze you if you know how to look for it. ;)

mamabok : My pleasure. ^_^

pawnsensei : Please go to Takashimaya in Shijo area, Kyoto. You can reach there by bus from Kyoto Station easily. Just say you want to go shijo kawaramachi, the conductor will tell you which bus to take. At the fresh market in Takashimaya, base floor, you will see the counter Gokan, that is the place where they have the KIKI. Good luck in searching. ;)

kristopher : ah ha!! I must be really lucky to find it as this moment. Almost miracle. ^_^

miracle8 : Ah, lucky you!!! My grandma used to have durian orchard, where we also got rich supply of durian flower, now no more as she has moved away from there. :(

wena : Tee hee hee... being a vegetarian sometimes is really good for health. ;) Ganbatte dear.
I am doing my dieting now too. :P

cooknengr : No no... only the lucky one can have my mum's home cook. Ha!!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Pawn Sensei said...

Thanks Fish Fish! The next time I visit Kyoto I will definitely check Takashimaya out.

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home