Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The hidden beauties of Talang-Talang

This was a report about my Talang-Talang dive on Good Friday. I didn't have the case to protect my camera to take undersea pictures. Also, I am still too clumsy to deal with a camera inside the sea. No confidence. Almost all the pictures in this post were taken from Theresa (except the 1st pic was by me). Thanks a lot Theresa, for allowing me to use them. ^_^

Here you are ;)




These were the group members that joined the dive trip on that day. A bunch of great people to be with. It is always very enjoyable moment for me when I do diving. Great chances to meet and get new friends.




Tee hee heee... fish fish 1st undersea picture. Nice or not? :P

"Hai~~~ everybody!"




A type of bubble corals (Plerogyra). I still remembered the 1st time I saw them, it was amazing to see these cute corals in front of me. I never know coral can be in bubble form. ;) These corals are delicate.




Oh yes, it was a great scene to see a big group of parrot fish swimming pass you.




This is a blue-spotted fantail ray (Taeniura lymna), it is known as the most common type of ray found on coral reefs.




Ah yes... one of my favorite. Nemo!!

They are actually called anemonefish (Amphipiron sp.), these cuties and sea anemone (their host) living in symbiotic harmony.

Watch out!! They look cute, but they are very fierce once they are provoked. *ouch!!!*




These graceful blue-ringed angelfish (Pomacanthus annularis) are a common sight for undersea world in tropical sea. They are colourful attractions.




Oh!! I was really excited to spot this pinkish jellyfish ( I didn't realise it was pinkish, but Theresa had sharp eyes to know it was pink). It was huge. Swimming lazily in the sea. But never to touch them, you'll get injured.

Well, among all the undersea creatures... I have my most amazing time seeing below creatures. They are known as nudibranch.

I only realised their existance when I started to enter the sea.

These were just the only few... there are still many types of nudibranch, which I am really looking forward to meeting them in futures dives.

Now, tell me, which one is your favorite?




Nudibranch 1




Nudibranch 2 (Phyllidia varicosa)




Nudibranch 3




Nudibranch 4




Nudibranch 5

Personally, I like nudibranch 2 the most. Maybe because it is the most colourful among the others. :P



Tralala... Theresa (right) with her lovely smile. Our great undersea photographer for the day. I hope one day I can take undersea pictures too.

Thanks dear, these pictures are really great. I am enjoying them. ^_^

Did I stimulate anyone will to do diving too? :P

Tata~~~

11 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

amazing!!! they are so coool!!!!Those pictures remind me of the japanese series Summer Snow =)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Phweet!! This is just great. So when will you start work? Stop tempting me with all the pics! :)
ps: Sorry, a bit of typo there.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Amazing underwater world :P The jellyfish looks very much like UFO to me and it's just so beautiful~ Hopefully can get to scuba as well after i've graduated :P I assume we will be seeing from more marine photography from ya next time?

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

nice pics.... never known got such a beautiful underwater near Kuching... i being to Redang Island...a must go.. :)

Nudibranch 2 look like sushi with wasabi fish roe...hehehehe

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

the underwater world are truely amazing.
yes, shooting at underwater will be add in my must "must take photos list" :) thanks for sharing the lovely photos

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, 有一隻十爪魚.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger sixthseal said...

nice writeup and great photos! talang talang looks like a nice place to dive. i like Nudibranch 4 - it looks fragile, yet beautiful...

what digicam does Theresa use? i know there's an underwater casing for mine (Nikon 7900) but my digicam is kinda dented coz i dropped it too many times, so it wouldn't be safe to fit the casing on.

do you know where to get disposable underwater cameras at a reasonable price in kuching?

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Blackwidow said...

FF, next dive, Sipadan or Layang-layang.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

cynthia : Summer snow?? Geee, how come I don't know this series? What is it called in Japanese?

primrose : Me? I wish I could tell you the answer, but the fact is I don't know. I am still waiting for the reply. *sigh*

acrix : Oh yes, you must take the chance for scuba dive. ;)

kristopher : Muahahah!!! Nudibranch 2 is too pretty for me to gulp it. :P

wilson : Yes, it is a totally different world. So much to explore. ^_^

cooknengr : The cute 10爪魚. *bleh~* But her mouth is more fantastic. Ah ha!!

sixthseal : Can't really remember. Either a Nikon or Canon. Hey, I am supposed to be the one should say, tell me where you can buy one of those. Do they really have disposable camera for undersea?

blackwidow : Yes, I do really want to go to the 2.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

got....last time i got one at Redang... u can get it at any Camera shop... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home