Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Little red umbrella under the rubber tree

I went to visit my grandpa's and uncle's graves yesterday in Serian. That gave me a really good sun tan moment. I am getting darker, ehhem, should be more healthy. :P

On the way back to grandma house, we stopped by in Serian market to hunt for some treasure. You know, this market sometime can have some marvellous thing bring by the bumiputera. ^_^ They are the ones that know the real treasure from the nature.

Muahahaha!!!! I couldn't believe my luck...




I found these little red umbrellas. Mum told me these are really good stuff. I remembered once I saw it is Sunday market and I didn't buy it as I always remembering red mushroom could be poisonous. Argh~~~ how stupid I was not to trust the person that selling it.

This time, no way I was gonna let it go.

They were really temptating me that I decided to by all the 4 packs from the stall.

Geeee... he was happy, fish fish was happy.




Hmmm... I was so hunger for it that once reached grandma's home, mum washed them and cooked them for me immediately.

Oh my... I think I finished half of them by myself.

Tell me, have you ever seen these mushroom in Kuching?

Next time if you spot it, don't let go the chance of tasting the sweetness of these umbrella , you'll like it.

So wild, yet so natural. ;)

p/s: Will post the best sushi I had in Japan tomorrow. Ee-lyn, I hope I will still be in time to tell you this. Really sorry for the delay.

9 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Gosh I haven't seen those red umbrellas before. Definitely getting some when I see them :)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Never seen those before. If I got a chance to go to Sarawak..damn! I wanna try sooooo many things!! =)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger lance-s said...

What an interesting and pretty looking mushroom. Plus they taste good too!!!! What more can you ask for.........I know, I wish I could try some.

Really glad Fish Fish is enjoy her return back home.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

i think i'm Swa Ku....never seen it before... :)

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger 403 Forbidden: Rin aka Remy Le Beau said...

Do we only find it in Sarawak?

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

hey. i thought of visiting you over the weekends. around in town ? send me a mail.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

miracle8 : Go to find it in Sunday market. They might have it there sometime.

cynthia : Yes dear, you have to come. Best before I am away. ^_^

lance-s : Yes lance, it was great to be able to have tasty foods back home again.

kristopher : Hehe... I guess not many people notice about its existance. ;)

rin : I'm not sure about it. Can't give you the answer.

patrick leong : which weekend? Next week? Might hold a bloggers' meeting then, wanna join?

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Interesting, next time Phan and I go back to Malaysia, I have to try those mushrooms.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

dennis : Hope you can find it in Phan's hometown too. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home