Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

One day to Serikin

I woke up very early today, at 6.00am. However, as uncle came late, we only started our journey at 7.15am. According to him, the place only open around 9.00am.

So, where have I been today?

I went to Serikin market in Bau with my mum, my uncle and aunt.




We stopped by in Bau town area for our breakfast.




A bowl of very traditional breakfast in my hometown, Kolok Mee. I requested for Char Siew Oil added today. Geee... so nostalgic. *slurp~~~*




On the way to the Serikin market, there was a roll of stalls selling all kinds of interesting thing.




Wow!!! I've never seen pitcher plants being sold in this way.

Do you know how much is one pot of this???

RM5!!! Can you believe that? Gosh, this is really cheap. Mum bought 4 pots of it. Hmmm... I wonder where she is gonna put them, as I don't really see a good place for her to plant them.




There were also pitcher plant cups sold in bunches.

Now, for non-local reader, do you know what are these for???




Tralala~~~ They are for Pitcher Plant Rice.

I've never tried one at all. I wanted to buy one, but stopped by the 3 adults. According to them, "No, the water that cook it might not be hygenic." :( *sob sob*

Geee... now I am eager to cut some of the cups of my mum pitcher plant to cook one for myself. But then, I know mum is going to kill me. Better forget about it.

Hey, those of you have tried it, is it good???




I spotted these hairy mushroom. Decided to buy one basket to try. Hmmm... will make a review once I have tasted it. Really cheap, only RM 1 per basket. Ooo la la~~~




Oh yeah! I found these cuties. It has always been my favorite. I used to eat them a lot when I was a kid. However, it has been years I didn't eat them.

Nope, I didn't buy them as feast today. Don't feel like to. But I can tell you, these are really very high protein source.




Wriggling in my hand. Gosh!! They are really adorable. Try put them one your face next time, it feels funny how the soft flesh contact with your face.




Finally, we reached the Serikin market. Not much of eating stuffs. However, the 3 adults spend a few hundreds RM for buying Indonesian stuffs there.

It was a great outing for me.

Oh yes, you have to go an experience the fun yourself next time.

;) Tata~~~

13 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger sixthseal said...

pitcher plant rice! i've never seen or heard of it before until now. it looks great! i would have loved to try it too.

sago worms...nice. :) i bet it would taste good with the pitcher plant rice. the presentation of the pitcher plant rice is great, i definately have to go there to try it.

i'm not familiar with the bau/serikin area though? did you pass indonesia customs?

anyway, are you free tomorrow? want to go and get something to eat tomorrow? call me at 016 888 3166. i will be free whole day tomorrow. :)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, tell the three adult, after the water is boiled in the cooking process, it should be safe for human consumption.

Next time when youeat sago worm, lets do a video post.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger DieHardX said...

i'd been 2 bau once, not 2 dig gold but 2 visit e caves. i dun recall anything spectacular about e caves there but i know it leads 2 some natural pond or lake. i was in my early teens then.

since u r frm there, when did bau's gold reserve become exhausted?

sago worms, they look creepy 2 me! probably u grow up getting used 2 them! i ate some with huai bin during our trip 2 mukah. fried version. not badlah, taste like some crunchy crackers. hehe!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Sago worms? I thought they were silk worms. Eee...never tried wor. Where can I get them in Kch??

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Chen said...

Pitcher Plant Rice? Never see or hear it before till I read your post :D Curious how it tasted like .

The sago worms are so fat & juicy :) I ate that once.. Eee.. I can't imagine putting them on my face.. Geli lah..

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Julie said...

eeeee... chung jai!!! ~ <-this! yuckie.. but i would like to eat the kolok mee.. =)~

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

ask HB to put the Sago worm into his whishky since he once put live shrimp in it b4...hehehe

primrose: you can get sago worm at Sunday Market also...

this is the 1st time i see the pitcher plant rice..and i don dare to try the sago worm...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

the worms are very adorable!!! waliew...i dont think they are cute. and i would never want and dare to hold them as well...yukkkk ~_~

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

sixthseal : Hey, I'll try to get the pitcher plant rice for you next time. ;)

cooknengr : Tee hee hee... ya lor. Even if really anything happen, cirit birit only right? :P

diehardx : Nope nope, I am from Kuching. Not bau. :P I used to eat a lot of sago worm when I was young.

primrose : Hey dear, no worry. You come to Kuching, I'll ask my mum to cook one for you to try. ;)

chen : Sago worm will not bite. In fact, their bodies are warm warm. I'll make a review when I tasted the pitcher plant rice. ^_^

julie : These worms are really cuteeee...

kristopher : Heee... go suggest that to him. ;) Hey, we will go to eat curry mutton next time, I'm counting you in. Want?

wilson : Don't worry, they are not centipede, will not be dangerous. Hey, these worms have nice sago smell. ^_^ Hey, you wanna go makan curry mutton?

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Kristopher said...

sure...just count me in... :)
i will make it this time....

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

kristopher : Ok, I'll let you know then.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Frosty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home