Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tao with Huai Bin

It was a quick decision by us, after Huai Bin called me on Sunday afternoon. We decided to meet at Tao that evening, as suggested by him, for a drink first then go find makan.

Tee hee hee... it was fun when he called me. I supposed he said he wanted to look for "fish fish". The problem is, my sis-in-law didn't know that I am more known as fish fish in blogsphere. :P

"Jie, I think the person is looking for you. Cannot understand what he is talking about at all lar~" My sis-in-law was passing the phone to me.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, fish fish? This is Huai Bin. Errr... I'm sorry, but I don't know what to call you except fish fish." Buahaha!!! Sorry Huai Bin, it was my fault. Now you know how you should call me in the phone. :P




We met at Tao. A restaurant with Taoism as there decorating concept.

I was there earlier, and it was strange to hear a dangdut-like song was playing in the Tao restaurant. -_-""" Not quite good for the 1st impression.




Then, I looked at the menu.

Gosh!!! I wouldn't be surprised with the price if I am in Japan. In fact, I would say it is damn cheap.

But... I am in Kuching, and to see the price of the menu... I doubt if they have over-priced the drinks and foods.

Huai Bin reached.




We shifted our seat for 2 times, we decided to sit at the inner section of the restaurant. It was hotter, as no air-con was supplied there.

However, I prefer the section. Better. At least no dangdut song polluting the place.




They also has a lot of little decoration here and there, which is quite adorable.




Heeee.... Huai Bin is really doing his duty as a very responsible blogger.

He did a photographing session on the place from front till the back.

Fish Fish? I am the lazy bone. I'll just take a picture of him doing the review. So, for a much more detailed nice description on the place by Huai Bin, please jump over to his post. ;)




Hohoho! Huai Bin is a fun guy to be with. In fact, for the whole evening, we were spending 4 h chatting and eating. It was a fun night out, I must say.

I learnt a lot of things from him. Thanks Huai Bin, for the good lesson. ^_^

We have had enough photographing session.

So, we shifted back to the front section again. :P (3 shifts of place in a restaurant. LOL)

The bartender has changed. The music has changed.(and I love it) We were out of the sauna-like room into nice-cool room.

Everything started to get better...

I started to like the place.




Huai Bin had a glass of Detox as his 1st drink. Geee... even the colour looked very healthy.




While fish fish was having a huge cup of nice hot-chocolate.

This is one of the best chocolate I had in Kuching, I would say.

Though the price is higher than normal nice cafe standard, I do admit I love the presentation of this choco.

The taste was good too. Rich and creamy. I was sipping the choco carefully, so that even until the end, I still have the spider web pattern in the cup.

Nice nice.

A good place to relax yourself while having a good chat in small group.

Oh, maybe I should try other similar coffee places which is blooming like mushroom lately in Kuching to make a comparison.

Overall, Tao is not a bad place, as long as they don't play dangdut songs. Oh ya, it would be much better if they reduce the price of their drinks and foods. :P

Hey Huai Bin, thanks for the drink. ;) Gochisosamadeshita.

5 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Blogger sixthseal said...

Hello fish fish! :) Had a great time last night, sorry I was late...

sumimase...

...and yeah, it was funny how I didn't know your name when I called your place.

The photos are on the way, 2 MB each, so 6 MB in total. :)

Cheers for the food!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Yellow Ant said...

FF, did you called me ? Please call and leave me voice mail so I know who is it.. Sorry.. as I SCAN my caller. U know lah... too much secret admirers I need to avoid..heehee..just JK. - Y -

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

sixthseal : Daijobu!! I'll be waiting for the photos. Arigatou~

yellow ant : Yes dear, I called you. Sent you sms. Did you receive? Geee... didn't know you scan you callers.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger sublimingtravel said...

Fish-Fish-san, u two had an interesting evening. thanks for sharing. and i'm glad sixthseal linked to u from his blog...i'm going to check ur blog entries from now on too. Best wishes!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

sublimingtravel : Thanks dear. Glad you like it. ^_^ Do stop by more often. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home