Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Kampung Panchor Dayak Hot Spring

^_^ My Kakak office has streamyx now. It is much easier for me to online. Yippie!!

I was planning to do one post for my blog this noon. Unexpectedly, my ex-Prof sent me an email requiring me to submit our revised manuscript. So, I turned up using 5 hrs to do checking, correction for the paper, before I took a long time for the big file to finally successfully uploaded to the journal's homepage.

But the feeling was really good. I felt like I was back to my old lab doing my work. Busy but happy.

Gosh~~~ I am really craving for work now. Help!!!

Anyway, this is one special post. Not food, nor beautiful scene.

I want to talk about water.

Not just normal water, but water that is a gift from the underground.

This type of water is so common in Japan, that it has become a part of the Japanese culture.

However, in Kuching, only very gifted area that is located in rural place have this kind of water.

Yes, I am talking about hotspring.

Being a person who have went to many hot spring, be it a very basic or a high class natural hot spring, I enjoyed each of them.

After leaving Japan, it is one of the enjoyment I miss the most, to give myself a good half body soaking inside hot spring water.

It is a good thing to have a maternal side from Serian. They can tell you a lot of unknown thing in Serian.

I went up to Serian on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day with my mum, my grandma and my aunt. It was a great moment with the three mothers.

On the way back, mum and aunt mentioned about existance of hot spring in 27th mile.

Excited to hear that, I decided to drive into 27th mile to look for it. The heavy rain didn't stop us at all.

I found it. I saw it. I touched it.

Here I am, to share this unforgettable moment with you.


This is how you can access to the point.




If you drive from Kuching to Serian, you will see this big red sign Ton Fa on you left, about 16km away from Serian.




After the red sign, you will see road sign that pointing a junction for right turning into Kpg. Panchor.




At the beginning of the road, you will see another blue sign that indicating this hot spring is 4km away from the main road to Serian.




So, we turned and turned and turned on the windy road... until we came to another blue sign that was saying "Welcome to Kampung Panchor Dayak Hot Spring".




It was a straight rock road that led us to the final destination.




Tralala~~~ if you see this hut, that means you are there!!




Inside the hut, it is written that from February 2006, the hot spring only will be opened on Saturday and Sunday, from 7.00 am to 5.30pm.




However, if you really want to go on normal weekday. You still can do that by calling En. Tapok with these 2 numbers.

Most probably, he will come to open the place for you.

Now, how much is it per person?

It is a very reasonable price RM3 only.




Oolala~~~ I wasn't expecting anything like this inside a Nipah forest.

Impressive indeed.

Hot spring in Kuching, for real!!!




As there were only 2 visitor soaking themselves at that time, the water is clear and still.

Amazing. Never will I have thought to find such a hotspring in Nipah forest.

It doesn't has the strong sulphur smell like the one in Japan.

We entered the place for free, as we didn't do any bathing. The guard was a very friendly bumiputera, speaking fluent Hakka to me. ;)




I couldn't help but tried to soak my legs into the water.

It was warm, it was so nostalgic, it was one of the best moment since I came back to Kuching.

I almost wanted to get naked and soak inside the water. :P

Oh yes, for sure the next time I go, I am going to have a nice long hot bath there. ^_^

A serious warning here... pregnant woman and ladies that are having PMS are not allowed to take a bath inside.

Why? It is the rule. It was because there was another hot spring many years ago that turned into cold water after a pregnant woman took a bath there. The local believed the magic spell was decoded.

Tata~~~

10 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Ivan said...

Wow i never knew there was a hot spring right there.. i'll make sure i check it out.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger sixthseal said...

amazing! i didn't know there's an even bigger hot spring in kuching. i went to the annas rais one and it's very basic but nice.

anyway, ff, read borneo post page b17 - Gold Coin has a job that exactly fits your qualifications! :)

anyway, free for dinner tomorrow night?

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

wow!! u found the place..last time i got lost looking for it...

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, good luck finding Encik Tapok...他藏起來了.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger JoeC said...

HEY you are back! welcome, for the holidays or for good? Wat do you missed the most being back here in lala land? Have a good time and keep safe always. Take care. Cheers!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Wena said...

boo...i'm back gal. gimme a call when you wanna meet up.

can ask HB to tag along too. last time i saw him was a couple of years ago.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

ivan : You should. It is a great place. ;)

sixthseal : Oh yes, Anna Rais. My next spot to find. Hey HB, I'm in Swan town now, I'll call you when I am back. Let go out with wena for mum mum. ^_^

kristopher : Did you eventually find it?

cooknengr : ?? Liak Bor Kiu.

joec : Oh yes, I was back for 1.5 months already. I have graduated. ;)

wena : Heee... I am not in Kuching these few days. Sure I will count you in for dinner. Will contact you then. ;)

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, tapuk = hide

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger TheSoupQueen said...

Hi Fishfish,
Thanks for this post. I have been wanting to go to a hotspring in Kuching whenever I am back with Nic. Now I can tell him where to go if we're bored out of our brains (or if the rains don't kill us). Thanks for showing me another side of Sarawak.... ;-)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : What language?

thesoupqueen : My pleasure. ^_^ I need to explore my own land more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home