Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, June 02, 2006

aha cafe

I am going to a birthday party later on. Geee... they seem to make it a grand one, even go for hair styling and make up, with formal wear. Headache, all my clothes are still in shipping, what to wear?

I went to a very nice cafe that providing healthy food. Healthy foods in term of ingredients that they are using or ways of cooking.

It was a "date" with my primary school friend, SK. We have known each other since Primary 1. Everytime I come back to Kuching, usually I will buzz him for a meal together. He is going to start his Master study in medict. All the best, buddy.




He recommended on aha cafe, as he knows I am quite a health concious person. :P (I dare not say I am at the moment, too much unhealthy lifestyle.)




It was a Friday night, but there were only he and me at that moment. It was like we booked the whole place for free. Tee hee hee...

I love the ambience. Simple yet nice. Nice slow and healing music was playing at the back.

We had a very nice time talking in Xin An hakka for 2 hours, while having our dinner slow and relaxing. He is the only one out of two guys that speak Xin An hakka with me. :P




This is a glass of mania booster. It was basically a mixture of honey dew and papaya.




SK was having a glass of Super Red C. Can't remember what was inside.




This plate was for him. A more healthy dish for cooking spaghetti. Can't remember the name again. :P




I chose Marinara Carbonara. Carbonara is my favorite way for cooking pasta, so I tried the version in this shop. I have to say this is one of the best pasta I have tasted in Kuching till date. It suits my palate. The only complaint is they overcooked the seafood. Would be much better if they can control the texture of the seafoods better.

The cream was good though, not too rich. So it did not cause satiating easily. The pasta was cooked in andante that I like.

It was a great night out. Aha cafe will definitely worth my revisit.

In fact, I just revisited it yesterday. ;P This, I will tell more in my next post. ;)

Tata~~~

6 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger Nightraveller said...

I think u dun have to go to KL anymore...very nice cafe!

Btw, next week I am going to New Orleans, will try to take some pictures and we shall compare the post-Katrina N.O.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger obachan said...

Ohisashiburi.
Looks like you're having lots of fun over there :) I wish I could take a sip of the mania booster. It looks sooooo good.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Acrix said...

When u tok bout healthy foods, i think of those gross vegetable juice and so on... But the foods u've shown look quite delicious~

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Julie said...

ahmoi can fall zZz in the sofa wo.. =p

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

I love carbonara. I'm allergic to seafood, so never really eat marinara. Looks yummy!

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

nightraveller : Oh!! NO?? For a conference? Show me the pic!!

obachan : Ohisashiburi! Ai yar~ obachan, if you come to Kuching, I will bring you to there. You can have as many glasses as you like. I miss our meet in Hub!!

acrix : Healthy food can be delicious if you know how to prepare it. ;) Acrix, you coming to Kuching?

julie : Oh yes dear, and with my saliva dropping out for sure. Imaging the good smells of the food.

primrose : Oh, poor dear. How about bacon carbonara? I always love mushroom carbonara, my favorite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home