Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Traffic light in history

I went to ST's birthday last Saturday. She held it in Merdeka Palace apartment room.

There were a few very interesting old pictures hanging on the wall. Among them, one particularly attracted me. It was located inside the washroom. So, when you are sitting down doing your important call, you have a nice picture in front of you to swirl your mind back to the old days.




This was the picture. (Retook with my camera. The picture was trimed to omit unwanted flash reflection.)

It was named "Kuching 1st Traffic Light 1956-1961".

That would be back to about half a century ago.

Looking at today's vast number of traffic lights in Kuching, have you ever wonder where was the 1st one?

Now you got the answer. ;)

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

Yeah yeah yeah! Can recognise the Merdeka Palace field straightaway. Like big roundabout like that. :) I always stay there if I come visit. I'll be at VA in the evenings. Speaking of that, I might be in Kuching end of this month. :) Can meet meet. :P

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish. someday I'll post old movies of Kuching

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

primrose : Really?? Yes!!! Let's meet. Mail me when u confirm coming, I'll give you my contact number. ;) Can't wait to meet you, sweety.

cooknengr : Sound cool, I'll be waiting for it. ^_^

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Will do! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home