Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, August 28, 2006

First greeting from US

Hi Hi~~~ everybody. Finally I can blog from my room freely with high-speed internet in my own apartment. Woo hoo!!

I am in US now. ^_^

Yeah, after 24h (not including waiting time for transit), I reached my new destination safely last night.

Nearly couldn't catch the flight at Narita as when one old guy was feeling very sick, the flight have to go back to let the man and his luggages off from the flight. Had a nice talk with a lady from Colorado that sat beside me during the flight. She told me quite a few useful information. Thanks!

Well, I took United Airlines this time, as it was the cheapest during this peak season. Well, the experience was ok. Not as horrible as the one I had with North West Airlines. Food better, service not too good and the seat was more comfortable. Too bad, it was a full flight.

My boss fetched me up at the airport with his wife. Beautiful and very nice wife. Lucky him. Ok, my boss is a handsome guy too. Man, I look so short in between them. :P I know I am going to be lucky work under him. ^_^

Then, my apartment. That was a great surprise for me. Instead of giving me the studio type room that the officer said earlier, they gave me a 1-room apartment. One thing unique about this 1-room apartment is the size, it is even bigger than normal 2-room apartment in this dormitory village. It is the size of 2 studio!!! Geee... too big, now I need to feel headache on keeping it nice and clean. I will (promise to myself). Many cupboard, rack and cabinet for me to keep my things. I really like. Ok, it was quite old, but it is nice. I am only paying US$30 more if compare to a normal studio. Heeee...

Well, my busy day started this morning. After a canned wild rice soup for breakfast, my colleague brought me to open a bank account before we went to lunch at Bojangle's. The lady that helped me with the setting up of the account had a nice talk with us. She just got her US citizen last week. She was in US since 10 years ago. She and her husband only applied for it this May, and they were accepted in 4-month time. Bojangle's chicken was good. I'll put the pictures of the food in my next post. Today tired, no energy to edit.

Did a lot of shopping today at Food Lion and K-Mart and a shop selling all kinds of Japanese food. Still a lot of things to buy. I am going to my workplace for signing contract etc tomorrow.

Oh yeah, my diet programme is coming really soon. I need to get that US$100. Hmm!!

To do a relaxing start, I am cooking brown rice risotto with skinless thigh meat and a lot of veggies. How do that sound? :P

Man~~~ 1 lb of skinless breast meat = US$4.99 and 1 lb of skinless thigh meat = US$2.99. If you were me, which one would you buy?

Tata~~~

10 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely.. ;) Cheers to a new and wonderful journey.. in USA..!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Chen said...

Fish Fish is now in US :)
Looking forward to see your one room apartment pict ;)

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger miracle8 said...

All the best to you dear! Don't forget to tell us your food adventures. And yes, take pics of your apartment! :D

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Yellow Ant said...

Hey...Mama Wong just asked me whether you arrive safely in US..I told her I'll check on ur blog for info & let her know.

Have a Great Aventure and may your America dream comes true! Can go to California ride on Ah beng chia liao...may be u need to dye ur hair blown and wear platform shoes before u go....

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

BREAST MEAT still

In aus, breat meat is AUD11.99/kilo, thigh meat=AUD3.99/kilo.

We go for the breast meat all the while cos Kian doesnt like the tendency of the thigh meat.

So, you think I should kick his arse? Kidding

Have fun in the State! Cheers

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Thigh meat, breast meat, still chicken meat. Hehe! Welcome to the USA. Great to hear that you are settling down very nicely. I shall look forward to seeing pics real soon...

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

hey dear, enjoy and have fun ya..miss having u here in Japan..

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

all d best fish fish, n do remember to post the photos up n share with us :)

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger sixthseal said...

hello there! sorry i missed you, was in the hospital.

enjoy your stay in the states! hope to see you again soon. take care!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mamabok : Thanks. ^_^

chen : Ok, promise will coming up soon.

miracle8 : I definitely will. ;)

yellow ant : Say thanks to Mama Wong for me please, NN. Sorry I was in a rush, not able to go and pay her a visit.

cynthia : Heeee... I prefer muscle meat, smoother. :P

primrose : Ya lor. But these 2 meats have different texture and taste.

~angel~ : Thanks gal. I miss you all in Japan too!!

wilson : Yap, sure sure. Posting up pictures is so much easier for me now.

sixthseal : HB dear, I know before even you posted about it. Was really very worried about you. If only I knew it before I flew. If you coming over to US, yes, be my guest please!!! I'll treat you all the fastfood restaurants that you wanna try. ;) Next post is dedicated to you. You'll like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home