Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bye Bye lunch with Paula

Today is a rainy day. I didn't bring my umbrella with me as I thought it will only going to rain tomorrow. Luckily, my workmate gave me a ride.

Despite the gloomy day, we were having quite a good lunch time.




We went to Blue Ridge, an art museum restaurant!

It was a farewell lunch for Paula, who is going to work in another place soon. Oh yes, the new place for her indeed is a good one. This company produces one of the most famous branded ice cream in the world. ;) Ice cream lover might have guessed the answer.

All the best, Paula!! We'll miss you. It was a short time with you, but you are definitely a very nice person to be with.

We past through the fabulous art pieces and went to the ground floor where the restaurant is located.




It was still in preparation when we reached. About a 10-min wait, we finally managed to sit down.

After a while, more and more customers were coming. It was quite surprised to see the business was good in a rainy weekday, especially when it is in a museum.




The bread and the butter was good. I like the butter particularly. However, as I am on my diet now, instead on using 1 whole cube, I was using 1/3 of it.

Mmmm~~~ sinfully good. Melty creamy butter just makes your bread tastes to its best. ;)




I had a cup of seafood tomato soup with saffron. It was a thick soup. Not much of the soupy portion, but with a generous portion of seafood. Couldn't really figure out what seafood was it though. Pretty good. Not too salty, but I couldn't detect the saffron inside it.




This was my choice of the entree. Porcini mushroom ravioli with assorted fresg vege and wild mushroom.

The vege was good, especially the asparagus, it was prepared perfectly nice. The ravioli was good too, though the porcini mushroom paste was too powdery. But I don't quite like the white cream, too creamy.

In order to mask the creaminess to avoid satiety, I have to ask for tabasco sauce.

It was a fun thing to see how the waiter automatically helped you to pack the unfinished food to bring home. I am still getting used to the concept.

Anyway, I finished the whole thing with the help from tabasco. :P Gosh, I was so full after that.

It was a good time to chat with my workmates.

The restaurant is a good place to have a slow and relaxing time to eat your meal. After that, you could even have a good walk in the museum by appreciating the great art pieces!!

They are going to have Claude Monet's drawings in October!! Wow!! Can't wait.

This lunch was a treat by my boss. ^_^ Thanks a lot, Boss.

5 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Heh! I expected the restaurant to have fancy cutlery. :) The entree looks delicious. I love mushrooms but oooo, fattening oh!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Blackwidow said...

Oooi! You're on diet plan... should have pick green salad. Finished the whole plate.... nononono.... remember, small portion, six meals.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

primrose : Yah, fattening!! It made me did a lot of exercise that night. :P

blackwidow : Heee... I shouldn't have gulp those white cream, but then without the cream, the ravioli was too dry. I do healthy cooking at home, so I each rich outside. :P Ok ok, I'll do more exercise to burn those calories.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger JMom said...

nice lunch, FishFish! It's ok to indulge, at least it's only once in a while :D

Hey, we're waiting for the Monet exhibit too! can't wait.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

JMom : Thanks for the comfort. Heeee... but I really need a better control. Oh, you going to the Monet exhibition too? Can I join?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home