Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fish Fish's new apartment

Today was a good sunny day. I didn't go anywhere except went to throw rubbish. Whole day I was staying in my living room eating, cooking, surfing net and doing exercise.

Since it was a good weather day, I decided to take pictures of my room. ^_^ Yes, as I promised before, my new private space is finally revealed today. It is actually an old building which have been here for decades.




This is my main door. Small. One thing that I didn't like about this door is the usage of glass. I don't feel secure with this kind of material. However, as I am on the 2nd floor, maybe not as bad?

Beside the door you can see a nice wardrobe as my shoes rack and store for putting broom etc.




The living room and kitchen is on the right side of my apartment.

All the furniture are provided by the admin. Some are quite old.




My eating @ working desk has a nice split in the middle. A lot of scratch on the surface. But then, it is working well.

The TV is a nice one. However, I seldom switch it on, as I am not watching TV much, at least for the time being.




It is an enjoyable moment sitting on this old but very comfortable sofa while giving myself a good laugh on the program in the TV.

See those book racks? I have a total 24 compartments of this. -_-""" I am thinking buying some nice pot plant to decorate it.




One of my favorite working space.

I am now spending 2-3 h per day at this place cooking my healthy food for my dieting program.

The refrigerator is more than enough for me to store as much food as I want.

I have 4 stoves which I can cook 4 types of dish at one time. :P

I even have a nice baker and broiler. Hmmm... that is such a temptation for me to try Frances's recipe on her famous cheesecake. But then, I have to endure for these few months, at least not until I get rid of the first 10kg. *sigh*




Dang Dang Dang!! I am going to bring you to the more private part of my apartment. ;)

Are you ready?




Tralala~~~ my bedroom!!!

See the 2 beds? One is a double bed, another is a single bed. Seriously, I don't know why they are giving me 2 beds, but then this is going to be very convenient for me. Yes, if you ever come to visit fish fish in this little space of mine, you will sleep on the blue bed. ^_^

Oolala~~~ who will be the 1st to have such an honour then?




This is my wardrobe. I have 2 sets of this. One in the living room, which I use it for putting books and other things.

This one in my room, I am using it to put all my clothings. I love this wardrobe, it makes my clothings keeping so easy and convenient.

Too bad, the mirror only show my upper half. Hmm... I am thinking of getting a mirror that will reflect a whole body. Later.




The bathroom and the toilet is in one unit. Not too big, but then enough for me to do the important business.




Even the basin, is quite small if compared to the living room and bedroom.




Did I tell you I have 2 bathroom?

Yes, I have 2, when I only need one.

You see, my apartment in a bit different from the normal 1-room apartment.

They are using 2 studios to make into 1-room apartment. Therefore, I have almost like 2 for everything. Heee... I am turning this bathroom into my laundry room. Yes, I am trying to burn more calories by hand wash my clothings while the weather is still warm.

Even my workmate 2-room apartment is smaller than mine. She has been saying I am really lucky.

Well, the rental fee is much expensive if compared to other area. But then it is very convenient for me. Everything except phone bill are included into my rental fee. Yes, including the electricity, which can be a pain in US.

With all the furniture, I don't have to worry about getting rid of them the next time I move away. The moving experience in Japan was a horror to me, I don't feel like to go through that again.

Every morning, I need to walk only 15 min to reach my work place. They do have free buses every 15 min to bring me there, but walking will be a good time for burning some of my fat. ;)




The nice green scenery outside my window is just such a good thing for me to start my day.

Don't you think so? ;)

I love my new apartment.

15 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Wow! Your apartment is so spacious...bet my friends in UK would die to have that much space in their cramped apartments. Lucky you!
Good luck with your weight loss plan. When you have succeeded, I'll need a tip or two from you. :D

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Pink Cotton said...

wow

quite big lar ur apartment :)

i think it must b really nice to have such a big space all to urself to manage and handle...HEHE...

need to think of what to put here what to put there...ahh so nice ;)

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Hey FF!! Very nice apartment! Very spacious.

I love to have one by myself. Nah, it is a joke =)

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, this apartment looks very industrial...but its home sweet home.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

that's a nice apartment,is good to have our own space where we can relax n watch the TV when free. without distrube. hope someday i can have a space like this :)
i'm now sharing with a few house mate which very noisy sometime.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger xes said...

wow, i bet you're enjoying your new apartment. It's definately bigger than your old apartment in Kyoto!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger misakichan said...

Hey that looks kinda nice. But isn't it a little too big for just one person?
Hmm... rather empty...

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger sixthseal said...

wow, very nice apartment fish fish!

it's much bigger than the one in japan, i presume. heh!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Cynthia J. said...

Hi Fish Fish,

Nice place. You have a lot of room.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

miracle8 : Hehe... I was in a room only 1/3 current space for 5 years in Japan. :P I'll update on my weight loss plan from time to time. ;)

pink cotton : I love those space. So easy for me to keep my things now.

cynthia : Well dear, I was thinking to get a room mate. But then, it is kinda hard to get someone I can trust. Oh well, I'll have more private time then. ^_^

cooknengr : Only you can describe it "industrial". Duh!!!

wilson : I used to have 12 housemates. I can exactly understand how you feel. ;) But with housemates around, it can be fun sometimes.

xes : 3 times bigger than the one in Kyoto!

misakichan : Well, I kinda enjoying the space I am having now. ;) I am getting tired of limited space where everything need to stuff in one place.

sixthseal : HB, it definitely is. At least 3 times bigger. ;)

cynthia j : Thanks dear. ^_^

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Chen said...

spacious and nice apartment :)
Hehhe, I wanna have a look what are the foodstuff inside the fridge
*kaypoh* :P

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

chen : Hehe... nothing much inside yet, malu lah~~~

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Chen said...

I guess u will fill up the empty spaces in the fridge soon? *wink*

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

chen : Tee hee hee... how you know? It is double up already liao. :P

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Sivakumar said...

Hi,

I was searching for blogs of japan, landed in your page here, It was interesting to read your blogs about the japan move :-).

Find time to read my poor english japan travel experience here:
http://camera-friendly.blogspot.com

Also checkout http://www.camera-friendly.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home