Way too embarassing!!
Gosh!! It was supposed to be a lovely day for me. The seminar went well. Everything was smooth. We even had our New Employment Orientation ended 2 hr earlier.
So, I went home and decided to give myself a good rest.
I was into the mood of cooking something Kuching-style to heal my homesickness.
I want to indulge something that has the sweetness and sourness of Kuching.
Therefore, I make a combination of ingredients inside my fridge and started to cook.
Little did I know that was the starting of my nightmare of the day.
The smoke was produced furiously when I tried to caramelize the sliced onion and mushroom in the frying pan.
The next moment, terrible high-pitch siren came out from my ceiling.
OMG!!! I triggered the fire alarm in my apartment to activate. It was too late for me to realise that.
*Panic Panic Panic*
*Get a big paper board tried to fan the smoke away from the alarm*
Still, the siren made the noise like it was nobody business.
The resident downstair screamed at me... but I couldn't hear anything he said.
I was ready to wear my shoes to run down for getting the apartment's admin for help.
It was only a mere few min of the happening, but it seemed like years to me.
Then, I heard siren of fire truck.
*Finish* *My face blushed*
I rushed out to see a fireman was downstair. There were another few residents nearby him. -_-""" Must be the alarm have shocked them.
"Er... my cooking. It was my cooking!" Yeah, I was stupid that time, not even know how to say a simple sentence to explain my situation to him.
But then, the kind fireman, he nodded with a very understanding expression. He smiled back at me. Somehow, that soothed me.
"Don't worry ma'am. I'll fix that. Now all you have to do is to open the door and window to ventilate the room."
I nodded. In fact, I have opened the door and window earlier.
Soon, the alarm went off. I thanked and apologised to him.
He told me not to worry, as they have this kind of thing happening everyday.
Well, I am impressed with their efficiency.
I like his politeness.
In fact, he looked quite cute to me. I only realised that before his went away. *Too late*
Ok, curious to know what was the dish that caused all this trouble?
Kuching Kio Chap Mee!!
It was delicious. Definitely one of the plate of Kio Chap Mee that I will never forget in my life. In term of... errr... you know I know.
What a day!