Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, October 02, 2006

DC trip : White House

Remaining for Project October 100 Day 2 : US$100.00

Yesterday's evening was not a good time for me. Quite suey!

First, I cut my left middle fingernail off with my kitchen knife. I didn't have any band-aid at home that time. I turned up washing my more than 40 cm long hair with one finger kept ouch ouch ouch. -_-"""

Then, the new rice cooker that I have just used for the 2nd time, was spoilt. Would be too troublesome and far to go and change. Great! I had 2 most expensive batch of rice then.

Well, apart from that... it was not quite a bad Sunday though. I enjoyed my time so much in the gym for the 1st time. All those 6 packs in the weighing room... slurp~~~

Ok, back to my DC trip.

Our next destination after the Memorial Parks, is a famous house we have heard for many times on the TV.




On the way to the house, I saw this beautiful bed of red flowers. Wah~~~ wish I could just lie on them and have a good sunny nap. :P




Tralala~~~ the special house is the White House!!

It is the official home and principal workplace of the President of USA.

We were secluded quite far away from the White House by the White House fence.




I tried to zoom to the largest. This was the nearest I could get.

There were quite a lot of tourists busy taking pictures with the white house, regardless the pictures will be bad as we couldn't really take good pictures with all those fence and the distance.

S and Fish Fish just took 2 pictures of us with the White House while most of the time, we were more busy on taking photos on the White House alone.

I think I took about 20 photos on it. :P

Just when I got the photos I hope to take... there were 2 fierce lady guards yelling. They were ordering all the tourists to get away immediately.

They sound so urgent. Seem like someone important is going to either reach or go out from the White House.

So, S and me had to go across to the opposite street as ordered.




They didn't even allow us to stop for seconds just to take another picture.

Just when I got this shot, the guard (or policeman?) talk in a stern voice, "KEEP MOVING MA'AM!"

Oh oh... being scolded. :P Ok ok... cool down. Don't want you get more wrinkle on the face.




Opposite the road, the White House looked even smaller. But that didn't stop the tourists to busy with there photoshooting.

Neither the cool guard...




...nor the patrol car could stop them.




It was interesting to know that there is a Christmas tree named the National Christmas Tree, planted on the Ellipse.




This was a cute one.

Guess what is it?




A point for the measurement of distances from Washington on highways of the USA!

Now I know when I see Washington DC on the map, I know where is the point it refers to. ;)




Even more interesting to see there was such campaign just across the street of White House.




With a new version of Pinocchio.

Oh~~~ do you prefer the classical young boy version or this new era old guy version?




It said, "SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER".

I am amazed with the Freedom of Speech in this country. Just imagine if we did the same thing back home. *shudder*




I was amazed by the view of this fake graveyard that was built by the campaign. Representing uncounted lifes that were gone during the war.

A short visit to the White House was truly an eye-opening moment for Fish Fish.

Oh my... we were starving after the 3-hour walking. We were just in time to drive our car away before it was being towed. ^_^

We found a restaurant with romantic history for lunch. *Again?* :P

4 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger Pink Cotton said...

WAHH...they really do their demonstration so near to the white house???

tsk tsk tsk...yalo..if its in malaysia...i think they would all have been thrown into jail!muahahaah...

yeeee guo ran all the US movies phien ren de!...lol..they usually take photos soo soo close to the white house..i thought any pedestrians can just walk past the white house :(

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I like those pictures, nice compositin. Did you see Air Force 1 the chopper ? It usually land at the front lawn.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Wow! Enlightening. When you asked us to guess what it was, I wanted to write "lid of a rubbish bin". Haha! Luckily I read on.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

pink cotton : Haha... a lot of scenes in movies have "poison" our minds too much.

cooknengr : Air force... No. Dragonfly... yes.

primrose : Dustbin lid? LOL I like your imagination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home