Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A MUST Food for Fair : Jumbo Turkey Leg

In the NC State Fair 2006, I had a fun time looking around beside working as an Ice Cream Scooper.




I saw many HUGE turkeys. In case you don't know, NC is the largest poultry production in US, counting both chicken and turkey.




These turkey legs play a great role in a Fair. Stalls selling turkey legs can be seen here and there.

I spotted this stall selling a turkey leg for only US$6, compared to the other stalls that were selling a dollar more expensive. Well, for a month with tight money usage, that 1 dollar meant a lot for fish fish.




Wah~~~ so many legs.




Tralala~~~ my 1st Jumbo Turkey Leg.

It was absolutely JUMBO. I could really feel the heaviness of it when I carried it in my arm.

I found a nice place, sat down and started my great feast.




Errrr... my first bite was too salty. I was like... hmm... I shouldn't have bought it.

Then, I tried the second bite.

Buolala~~~ I hooked on it instantly.

The meat was very juicy yet not too chewy. The nice smoky flavour really brought out the characteristic of this leg. Although the outer layer was a bit too salty, the inner part was just great.

This will become my favorite Fair Food, definitely.




See? Even the insect was attracted to my turkey leg. ;)

However, as the word JUMBO aptly described it, I could only finish 1/4 of the whole turkey leg.

I brought the remaining home and...

with some "brilliant" ideas in my mind...

I used the turkey leg for 5 dishes. Tee hee hee...




Dish 1 : A soup noodle with turkey and good quality egg.

Imaging how the thick creamy egg york coated the flavourful turkey meat. Truly excited my taste buds.




Dish 2 : A Japanese instant udon with egg-drop soup and sliced turkey meat.

Oh yes, you bet the soup was so sweet because the umami of the turkey meat blended so well with the miso paste. Yum Yum~~~




Dish 3 : The top favourite of all. A baked turkey sandwich with fresh avocado and cucumber slices. It was flavoured by Reggiano cheese, organic ketchup and golden mustard.

Awww... this dish was so orgasmic. I felt really proud of myself because of this dish. I felt sexy indeed when I was enjoying it slowly. LOVELY!




Dish 4 : Heeee... a fusion style Udon Goreng with Turkey chunks. By adding some spicy bean paste, it made me reminded of the goodies Malaysian Goreng Dishes soooo much. Ah... I miss Nasi Goreng, Mee Goreng, Beehoon Goreng... and above them all... KUEY TIAW GORENG!!

Oh well, this dish did heal my home sickness a bit though.

No Fish, Prawn Also Can (a local way in my hometown of saying... You can't get the best, go for the 2nd best also not bad).

Finally, my Dish 5... I talked about it. Click here to view it. ;)

So, if you have the luck to try fish fish's turkey dishes, which one will you choose? :P

Ok, time to Zzzzzzz soon.

Selamat Malam.

Remaining for Project October 100 : US$ 27.46

8 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger misakichan said...

Dish 3! I'm a sucker for sandwiches... ^^ So, when do you think I'll get the opportunity?

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger 13th Panda said...

My fav oso Dish 3!!but hor..dish no 1 oso seem delicious!!

u r making me hungry!!i only had salad for lunch. :-((

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Yellow Ant said...

Ehh...Dish 1 & 2 look the same. Mama Wong will cook turkey soon....

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

misakichan : Well, if you come to NC, you can have it. ;)

13th panda : Heee... yah, they both actually very nice, just that dish 1 didn't look as nice in presentation. :P

yellow ant : Looked the same because both are soupy dishes, but taste different. Hey, put Mama Wong's turkey in your blog, ok?

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

i like the turkey sandwich.......... look yummy.... :) *hungry*

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Nightraveller said...

I wanted to try the whole turkey leg when i was in New Orleans, but that was just too big!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Di said...

The turkey sandwich looks yummy! I have been reading your blog since your Japan days and hail from Kuching as well. I hope you don't mind that I linked your blog under my blog list. But if you do, just give me a shout and I'll remove it.

Keep blogging! ^___^

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

kristopher : Heee... in Kuching, I can only make Chicken sandwich, can't get a good turkey leg.

nightraveller : Seriously, if you come to US again, don't miss the chance!!! Can do what I did, eat in a few different times. :P

di : Hello di!! Thanks for the supporting all these while. Of course I don't mind the link. I miss Pan Mee so much after seeing yours!! Look so yummy, what more HOMEMADE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home