Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pig Picking

During the Hari Raya, I thought I was going to have a day really homesick because of kept thinking about all those curries, rendangs, cakes and cookies...

Somehow, I was really a lucky girl. That noon, there was a Pig Picking lunch for us... FOC!! ^_^ And a good dinner during a meeting, FOC again! I gulped so much meat that day. Felt really in a Raya celebration. Tee hee hee...

Here is a post about the lunch.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I went to a meeting and when I came back to my work place, the people who BBQed the whole pig coincidently open the lid to check how ready the pig was.

They kindly let me took a picture on it.

Woolala~~~ it was a HUGE pig. First time seeing a big pig being cooked in whole.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Finally, it was 1.30pm. Surprisingly, there were very few people there. Either they have came earlier for these yummy pork or they would come later.

It was yet another interesting thing to see pulled pork on the whole pig.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hock is always the part that attract fish fish the most for the whole pig. I just love those collagen. However, I had to give up on it this time.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Neither did I dare to eat this beautiful 3-layers, concerning the saturated fat and calories would gain from it.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The little tail... looked so delicious. It reminded me so much of my mum black bean pig tail soup. I could drink bowl by bowl of that. Mum cooking is always the best.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My plate.

Hush puppies, bean, coleslaw, potato salad... and of course... the PORK!! And a slice of sweet pound cake.

I loved the pork. So soft, very flavourful. I loved it so much that I decided to take the pork for the 2nd time. This time, with some fatty part. Sinfully yummy.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That was not the end. See how much pork left?

We were asked to bring some home if we wanted to do so.

I did. :P I took a cup of it.

Now, I'll make the pork into some nice weekend dish then. ^_^

Before I end this, just to tell you one little good news.

Remember my 5-day No CHO? Hehe... I lost 5 lbs from the effort. Yippie!!

Ok, back to my slow and steady dieting now before I go for the 2nd one.

Another 6 days, and my October project will over.

However, I have very few dollars left now. Fish Fish must ganbatte!!

Remaining for Project October 100 Day 26 = US$6.90

Good night.

7 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger Wilson said...

looks very scary the pork :S

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

that pig (pork) looked a little disgusting.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Heeee... guys, my workmate said the same thing too while she was forced to pick her meat portion from the middle of the whole pig. :P

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Lannae said...

You are so lucky to experience the USA tradition of the Pig Roast! Usually, when the pit is first opened, it looks just like a whole roasted pig you would get in Asia. Did the cooks pull the pork before people were allowed to take the pork, so that the pork would be easier to take and put on a plate?

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Hmm...chained pig, huh? Think the roast pig on wedding days looked much "nicer".

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I think that is the piggy's KKC :)

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

lannae : Yes Lannae, the cooks pulled the pork for us to pick easily. I was indeed the lucky one. ;)

primrose : Frances, for sure the Chinese Roast Pig looks much exotic, and I like the crispy skin. But for this one, trust me, the taste was really great!!!

cooknengr : Yah hor~~~ why no KKC hor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home