Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Sunday Brunch

I didn't see any sun since Friday. The sky was very grey. I didn't like that. I need something to light up my days on these bad weather days.

Woke up around noon today.

Hungry. I decided to go for something richer.

There is a piece of Parmigiano Reggiano that aged 2 years in my refridgerator.

There is a pack of country cured ham that I got in Lexington. I took out one piece to soak into water the night before to get rid of the extra salt.

I bought a cheap and not tasty French stick from supermarket. I need to make it tastier with my combination.

So, I decided to combine them.

After 20 min of preparation...




Tralala~~~ My BRUNCH!!

A Reggiano Ham Sandwich with some stir fried veggies that I cooked with the extra oil from the ham.

The drink was not a red wine. It's just the Red Grape Juice that look so much lika a red wine. :P

The brunch was splendid. I really made my day brighter.

That was not the end.




Somehow, I was craving for some sweet thing. So I took out the Haagen-Dazs Light New Cookie Dough flavour that I bought last night. It was my first Haagen Dazs Light. I was curious to try.

It was a good deal, I paid only US$2 for 1 pint of this (instead of the original price US$3.79).

Yeah, I know, I am very weak in food that quote "New", what more if there is a good offer on it.




I restricted myself to 3 table spoons though.

At first, I didn't quite like the cookie dough.

But after a couple sips, I am liking it. The sweet salty buttery taste somehow was addictive.

Once a while I need to spoil myself. I was surely spoilt by MYSELF. ^_^

Don't worry about the calories, I burnt them off with a 1.5 h workout in gym after that.

;)

Remaining for Project October 100 Day 8 :US$ 68.11

7 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger RON said...

those premium brand, pint-size ice cream on sale....stock up on them. Never did try any Haagen-Dazs Light, myself.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Wow.. lovely pics! Makes me crave for ice-cream as well. How's the project buang lemak coming along? :D
Jia You!!

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Pink Cotton said...

woah

ice creammmmmmmmmmm

*hypnotised*

i m a sucker for ice cream :)))

esp wehn its LIGHT!!!...hahaha can indulge with a peace of mind..muahahah

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Lannae said...

what a lovely ham and cheese sandwich! delightful indeed! Good luck on your Oct. $100. You are doing quite well with your budget. The chemical fire looked terrible on national news, and I hope you are doing well, now that the fire done. Also, I added your blog to my website list on my blog! I hope you don't mind!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

your brunch looks so delicious....yummy yummy...and of course the haagan dazes.....my favourite icecream....make some icecream delivery for me.....:)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

ron : Hehe... I know. But I am on diet, so I only stock up one. :P Hey, it taste quite good for the Light version.

miracle8 : Still buanging. :P Need a long time, I am doing it slow and steady.

pink cotton : Haha!!! Yes, can indulge with a peace of mind. ;)

lannae : Hello Lannae, thanks for the link, of course I won't mind. I'm gonna put yours in these 2 days. Gosh, I have quite a few links that I should add on, must do it soon. Keep blogging, I really enjoy the way you describe your food adventure. ;)

johnny chan: Sampai sana already turn into milk liao. Go back I buy one for you lar~~~ ;)

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Henry Holmes said...

They are some appetizing looking photos. Do you use natural vitamin supplements in any of your cooking?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home