Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Asparagus Rigatoni with crab meat and mushroom Alfredo sauce

How do you know if you are seriously lack of sleep and that eventually turn into a stress that is accumulating in your body?

Fish Fish has 2 most apparent symptoms.

1. White hair grows on her head in an overnight time. I spotted one on my head today. -_-"""
2. Her tinnitus is twice as loud as normal time. Which is happening today too. -_-"""

The only solution is to earn back my sleeping time.

Yah, I need to sleep at least 9 hrs tonight, I promised myself. :P I must change my bad sleeping habit that I picked up. Must!! Nothing bring bigger damage to me than an insufficient sleep.

Anyway, I made myself quite a luxurious instant pasta dish on last sunny Saturday.

It was more like one ingredient led to another ingredient in my kitchen.

I bought a pack of rigatoni a couple weeks ago because they looked cute. I was thinking to stuff something inside to make western style Dim Sum. :P Eventually, I didn't. Too lazy.

Then a few days later, I saw fresh asparagus sold at good price. Grabbed a pound.

At another corner, I saw this canned crab meat for only US$8.99 a pound. Failed to resist the temptation. That too, went into my cart.

Afterthat, I asked a friend what sauce would be good for a pasta with crabmeat... The answer was Alfredo sauce.

So, I went to grab a pack of fresh white mushroom and a jar of Portobello Alfredo sauce a few days ago.

Then... on Saturday, I mixed everything together with an addition of sauteed onion, chicken broth and ground black pepper...

After 30 min...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tralala~~~


A huge plate of Rigatoni with fresh Asparagus in Crab Meat and Mushroom Alfredo.

I put some effort in decorating it by inserted the asparagus into the rigatoni hole and spreaded the sauce on them. :P

How do you like the look?

The meal was so satisfying. Giving me energy to have a long walk after that.

Hmmm... now looking back at the picture, I need to buy a white plate.

Good night!

5 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Lee Ai Ling said...

You might prob know this recipe already; your post reminded me of a pasta dish I used to cook and tht my sister thought me, a simple recipe: try canned tuna, asparagus or broccolli, mushroom, garlic and onion, and herbs such as rosemary or parsley for ingredients. For the sauce (homemade simple Alfredo sauce), milk and cheese and if you want, butter, salt and pepper to taste.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

White plate? Then cannot see the sauce wor... How about yellow? ;) Wah, you decorate your food like expert liau! Hehe!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger lance said...

Fish Fish,

That looks so good. Nicely arranged too. Glad you treated yourself to a nice dinner after all that stress. Take care of yourself. Hope the tinnitus subsides.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Hi fish fish,
hope you are feeling much better now. I love asparagus...now if only I could fly over to NC right now and have a bite off your plate! :D
Have a lovely weekend.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

lee ai ling : Nope, never did that. The ingredient sounds good, except for the canned tuna. :P I don't favour tuna. But hey, I might substitute it with crab meat, maybe. ^_^

primrose : Hehe... put some effort to decorate the food actually make it taste yummier. Hey, I think I'll get a few different colour plates for background effect then. Good suggestion!

lance : Thanks lance. I am sleeping early these days to give my body a good rest.

miracle8 : Same to you my dear, enjoy your weekends. *muak*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home