Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Free Eastern BBQ Lunch

Today, we had a lunch treat from our boss, again.

It was his church annual BBQ feast. Each ticket was for US$6, but we got it for free from him.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was a very sunny yet super cold day. It felt like a real winter day for me. The trees are turning into splendid colours now. Wish I have a bicycle for me to go around. *sigh*



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We came into this ample canteen and submitted our tickets in the kitchen. Tee hee hee... my boss was working at the kitchen too. Wooo~~~ he was so enthusiastic.

We were very hungry...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But in a very short while, we received our plate of eastern style chopped BBQ with coleslaw, hush puppies and boiled potatoes. The refreshment? What else if not the southern Sweet Tea. ;)

Looking good, taste great. It was sure a great lunch inside a warm space while outside was a cold cold day.

I love the hush puppies the most. Very munchy, good flavour and not over-fried. If only we were given more of this.

I still remember the 1st time when I had an eastern style BBQ, it was a cultural shock for me. It tasted weird, as I never really have vinegar based BBQ meat before. However now, I think I am getting to like it. One of my workmate called this kind of chopped BBQ - pre-chewed BBQ. Tee hee hee... sound gross, but it does look like one.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While we were getting 2 takeaways for another 2 people, I saw this. Ah~~~ so this was the company that catered the food. Lancaster's Barbecue and Catering Service. Wooo~~~ that was a big mobile catering.

Yes, it is a very famous one in Raleigh.

Boss, thank you!!

2 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger eVea said...

FF, u should get urself a bicycle to go around.. it's a good way of exercising too, to keep fit. ;P

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

evea : I wish also, but still didn't see one that I like. So now, I am walking to my workplace everyday. ;) Also, I heard bicycle can be easily stolen here. So, still thinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home