Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Homemade soft and chewy chocolate bites...

... by fish fish!! ^_^



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In a very nice early winter Black Friday.

I only woke up at 10 a.m., missed out all the chances to spend my money in mall. Oh well...

I was quite lazy actually. Went out for a short walk, then came home and stayed at the kitchen area for almost a whole day on my cooking experiences.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of them, is a soft and chewy chocolate cookies by Kraft Foods.

However, I made some small modifications on the recipe and baked 18 cookies.

Here it is.

Ingredients :

2 squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
3/8 cup (3/4 sticks) unsalted sweet cream butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 whole egg and 1 egg white
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup multipurpose flour

Steps :

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Refrigerate 15 min. or until dough is easy to handle.
SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking plate.
BAKE 8 min. or just until set. (Do not overbake.) Let stand on baking sheet 1 min.; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.

Topping :

Nestle Butterscotch Morsels and Reese's Peanut Butter Chips while the cookies are warm.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I devided my cookies into 2 batches. 1st batch was overbaked. Instead of 8 min, they were baked for 8.5 min. The soft and chewy texture was gone.

The peanut butter chips were really good. As I reduced the sugar amount for my cookies, the dark chocolate taste was more accentuated with the salty and creamy peanut chips. Awesome!

However, I didn't like the texture, it was too dry.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Therefore, for my 2nd batch, I only baked them for 6.5 min. Oops... turned out to be a bit too soft. However, after cooled down, the texture was soft and chewy.

Hmm... now I know, the next time I make again, I am going to bake them for 7.5 min so that the outer layer would be more crispy with the inner soft and chewy layer.

I enjoyed the melty butterscotch morsels on the warm soft cookies and I enjoyed even more when these cookies were cooled down in my refrigerator.

They were so temptating in my refrigerator. Luckily, I gave the 10 pieces to my workmate and only left 4 for me. Yap, I indulged 4 pieces at one time when they were just baked. *sigh*

Geee... I think I am addicted to try new recipe. Truly a new fun for me. Oh yes, you'll see more modified recipes by fish fish from now on, for sure. :P

Ok, hopefully I will not be lazy to blog about my absolutely gorgeous Turkey Meal in my next post. ;)

Night night.

5 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger eVea said...

so many great recipes from ur blog. how nice if i know how to bake too... :)~

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Lee Ai Ling said...

Cool...I have to try them too. But i have no oven/mircowave here. But am going back home soon for hols! Can't wait.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Those look good. Send some over here! :o)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger letti said...

ooo those little hersheys kisses looking chocolate deals are v. cute

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

evea : Eve, once you started, it might be fun for you to stop. ;)

lee ai ling : Must tell me after you made them ar~~~ Have a great holidays then.

dennis : It doesn't has any preservative, do you think it will be safe for mailing?

letti : ^_^ Thanks letti. *happy*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home