Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

NC State Fair 2006

WARNING : Very long post today with 30 pictures! Therefore, I am keeping my writing short. So, enjoy the pictures.

This is supposed to be a post for one month ago, but I was too lazy to edit all those pictures. :P Late better than never post it.

The post will consist a conclusion of pictures from 3 days of my duty in scooping ice cream. Therefore, I make a long 1-day story from the 3-day photographing.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was blessed with 3-day good weather on my duty days.

Pretty flowers were decorating here and there...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Beautiful clear sky with colourful balloons standing high to attract young children to buy them.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All types of stalls selling fancy foods. Some were really cute or unique with their designs.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fun rides were taking big part of the space in the fairground. These rides were a big hit among the visitors.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Visitors also have fun to compete among each other in this type of gaming. The fastest person to reach the end line would win toys of their choices.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There were exhibitions on different craftwork or handmade stuffs.

As little as this cute angel for christmas tree decoration...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
... to some more bizarre things such as these real horse tail-infused vases.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There were huge things on exhibition too... such as this patrol helicopter.

As NC State Fair started as the agricultural activities exhition, animals and different crops were main things in the fair.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
During weekdays, the number of the visitors would still allow ample space for walking.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
However, the traffic during weekends were horrible. It took me triple the time to walk from the entrance to the ice-cream stall that I was on duty.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
However, either day, there was always long queue for our ice creams. ^_^



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A total of 9 choices for one to choose, enough to make one confused for quite a while before one made the final decision.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In clock wise from bottom right we have vanilla, mint chocolate chip, cherry vanilla and butter almond.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Also, clock wise from bottom right again we have cookies n' cream, chocolate, strawberry and pecan krunch.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The 9th flavour (left) was a new added flavour, chocolate chip cookie dough. Well, chocolate was one of the big hit, therefore we need 2 buckets available at the same time on one side. For 2 sides, we have total 20 buckets of ice cream always stand by for non-stop scooping from morning until night.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Everybody was busy on duty. Basically, each shift was for 3 hrs.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Once a while, they would take a short time to breath for a while when situation allowed.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Of course, there would always be those who work and have fun at the same time.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It certainly was a good time to enjoy the team work with others.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There was only one person in charge in the counter to take the order in each shift to avoid confusion.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Regardless that sometimes the waiting time in the line might take up to 45 min, people have such a patient for our ice creams.

Once the order was taken, the person who took the order would yell out to the staffs that were standing at the back.

"ONE CHOCOLATE MINT CONE!"



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"GOT IT!!"



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There you go, such a beautiful and tall cone, wasn't it?

How many of you think this is too much for 1 portion?

Personally, 1 scoop would be just nice for me. Gulping 3 scoops down at one time will definitely make me sick.

However, we have some very interesting customers that would say,
"Hmmm... the portion of the ice cream is very stingy."

Oh yes, one lady made that statement when I was making a butter almond cup for her and the portion was bigger that this chocolate mint cone.

"So madam, would you like me to add more for you?" I asked although I was really worried her blood sugar content after she finished that, but then customer is always right.

"Oh, certainly." You could see her blinking eyes now.

So, I went to scoop another HUGE SCOOP! VERY HUGE SCOOP and topped on the already-a-moutain ice cream cup.

"Here's your ice cream madam. How do you like it this time?"

"Ha!! Perfect!! Thank you!" She happily walked away with the more-than-full scoops. *fish fish wiped cold sweat*

"Gosh!! I couldn't believe she said that." Tee hee hee... another staff said that to me as she saw the whole incident and was indeed surprised with that amount of ice cream that was defined as "perfect".

Well, there were other health concious people too, who would pay a 3-scoop ice cream (US$4) and only asked for 1 scoop as we only offered 1 price for ice cream and 1 flavour only for each ice cream.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Beside the ice cream, we also offered milk shake with all the 9 flavours. I enjoyed making milk shake, I was having a great fun shaked and shaked those ice creams into the milk. ;)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
For a 3-hr shift, that was a lot of waste produced. Yah, proved that how good our business was.

Finally, time to off work. Time for some of my personal fun.

HUNGRY! So, the first thing was to look for yummilicious. In fun fair, you just have to get a true fun fair food!!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
An awesome turkey leg. Absolutely great on chewing this well-flavoured and nice texture meat.

Heee... it fact the turkey was too jumbo for me that I actually used the remaining for making different dishes. Click here for those dishes that I made.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I wanted so much to try the sausage too. However I decided to give up as I was in a budgeted month for my challenging. Oh well, maybe next year then.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I failed to resist this temptation though, the funnel cake. I decided to spend US$4 on it because a workmate was telling me that I could only find this in a fun fair.

It was deep fried and served hot, with generous portion of sugar on top. The chewy texture was really good. I thought the powder sugar would be too sweet, but it went very well with the slightly salty funnel cake. Best to eat during hot and soft. Not a good idea to eat that whole thing by your ownself, the portion was too big. Absolutely a caloric bomb, which required me to burn it in the gym for 2 hrs.

In general, I had a great time working, eating and looking around in the fair.

However, there was one thing that I didn't like at all...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This type of exhibition.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This type of exhibition too.

I don't know whether they were for real and I didn't want to know too. I'm just hoping that those money really went to them and not all to their "owners".

Ok, that's all from me about NC State Fair 2006. Hopefully, next year I'll have something new to show you guys then about NC State Fair 2007.

Tata~~~ ^_^

6 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Intensecure said...

Really great pics capturing the atmosphere. :)
Looks hellishly crowded though!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Wilson said...

nice review fish fish :)
next year i want to join in the fun as well :P

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

intensecure : Thanks. Oh yes, the number of visitors was scary in the weekends.

wilson : TQ. You plan to come to U.S. next year?

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

ice cream...... the ice cream look nice..i wan one... :)

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Lee Ai Ling said...

I love the balloon pic. Beautiful clear sky. Here, it has been cloudy and rainy for the past few days..

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

kristopher : Too bad too far to send you one ler.

lee ai ling : That's my favorite too. Oh yes, Kyoto autumn is beautiful, but weather not too good sometimes. Same here actually, bad weather days can be horrible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home