Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

A farewell dinner for Jason

On Wednesday evening, we had an early dinner at my boss's house. It was for Jason as he will be leaving us end of this month for a new starting next year.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The house was nicely decorated with a Christmas tree. I really like the way how they used family portraits as hanging ornaments.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wooden furniture had these figurines to colour it.

Yap, you can really feel the winter holidays is coming soon. ^_^



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Before the dinner started, we used the time for nice talk while seeing how the host get the food ready in their kitchen. I really enjoyed the way how hosts and guests could communicate relaxingly in the kitchen while the food preparation was in progress. I would like to have a party like this when I get home next time.

Since I came here, the chances to attend a few big crowd meals giving me good chance to learn how to host a party. I am keeping so of the good points in my mind.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We have 2 lovely toddlers in our guests list too that day.

One was Jason's youngest 13 month-old daughter, Stella.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another was Paige's little Eezy. 2 months older than Stella. Eezy was an active baby. Her mother had to chase her around. LOL

Soon, the dinner was ready.

It was really a full range of fabulous yummilicious to spoil us.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Eating in action!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A freshly baked black bean and raspberry dip.

Mmmm... this thing was very tasty. Quite surprised that rapsberry was good to make a savoury dip.

It was nice on any kind of cracker, bread or chip.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
For me, I enjoyed the most with these crunchy corn chips.

Soooo addictive.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another awesome baked dip just freshly from the oven.

It was artichoke dip, Xin's favorite.

I thought it would be very thick flavour from the look alone, but the taste was actually quite light. The artichoke was so soft that it just melted in my mouth. I couldn't really tell what was inside that made the dip a slight aftertaste spiciness. I liked it.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
If compared to this Indian dip, the artichoke mild spiciness was just a novice level. This one was spicy (will be too much for people who couldn't tolerate spiciness), but I truly like the tingling sensation that my tastebud had.

Cucumber and tomato were the right choices for rinsing this feeling away.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We also had a ready made hummus. I didn't recognize it until Tristan pointed it out. :P The hummus I had before never in this version, it was a new style for me.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All the dips went very well with these crispy thin bread slices too.

For meat session...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We had a big bucket of this sweet and soft Bourbon chicken just came out from the oven. I ate quite a few big chunks of these. Oops!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Also, there was a huge plate of these mouth-watering bacon-wrapped mini sausages. The sweet bacon blended really well with the savoury taste of sausage. The thin and crispy outer batter really brought out the good taste of this dish. Truly enjoyed it. This will definitely be a great finger foods for any party.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Besides that, we also have some nice mini quiche. There were 2 options - feta cheese and Spanish style.

Personally, I liked the Spanish style.

I never had a mini quiche before. The quiche that I tried before this was not a good one, so I always thought quiche is not yummy.

I was glad I tried these, my conclusion now is good quiche will definitely be a great finger licking delicacy.

Hmm... I need to ask Joanna where did she buy these.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oh yes, what would be better choices after a whole plate of savoury foods if not these beautiful-looking-delicious-tasting tiny cheesecakes...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
... and a soft and chewy thick chocolate brownies.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
For those who like crunchy stuffs, it is always good to see these lovely sticks on the table too.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oh yes, how would a meal be perfect without a nice plate of fresh fruit.

I was so enjoying the pineapple, sweet!!

Ate quite a few pieces even after my heavy meal. :P



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While the adults were busy with eating and chatting...

The little ones have their own way to have fun.

It is always amazing to see how small babies know how to communicate without even babbling any word. Their smiles are already the best secret tool.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But then, milk will always be their main priority. No milk, no anything else. ;)

She reminded me of my little nephew. We called him Milk God as he can drink up to 10 bottles of milk per day.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After milk, time for the baby to get ready to sleep.

Oh, it was itsy bitsy teeny weeny, pinky pokka dot... errrr... pajama! CUTE!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Corrina was still having a great time playing with Junior when her little sister already into a sleeping mode. LOL

Oh yes, we have to be quick to adjourn the party when there were little kids around.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We ended it with a good "family" photo. ^_^

Jason, all the best in your future.

If you come back to visit us next time, I want your cooking again. :P *I am such a glutton*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home