Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Stuffed Green Pepper

After a trial with mushroom, I decided to use the remaining mixture to make 2 huge stuffed green peppers with a beautiful big green pepper.

In order to make it more colourful with different vegetables, I decided to use semi-dried Napa cabbage, baby carrot, frozen sweet corn and fresh sliced mushroom to make a creamy sauce as topping. I used a combination of 1/3 cube beef flavour buillon, 3 tbsp alfredo sauce and 3 tbsp tomato ketchup to flavour the sauce.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tralala~~~ a simple yet nutritious meal was done.

While putting my stuffed bell pepper to grill in 350 C oven for 40 min, I used that time to prepare the sauce.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was tasty! More yummy than I have thought. :P

The semi-dried Napa cabbage was my first attempt to dry a vege for cooking. I got the idea from a Japanese food blog that showed they used semi-dried Chinese cabbage for making a decently healthy dish.

It was a brilliant idea. The drying process actually made extra water to vapor and condensed the umami sweetness of the cabbage. Another interesting feature was the very unique texture that was obtained from the drying process.

You should really try it too. Very easy. Just cut your whole rinsed cabbage into 4 quarters and dry in wind for 2 days and you got it.

The green pepper grilled in this way turned soft and so sweet yet oozed a nice savoury taste in your mouth after absorbing all the good juice from the meaty mixture.

It was already good by just eating that alone. It gave you a different level of pleasure when served with the sauce.

^_^ I think my cooking experiments is turning more and more fun.

Good night!

5 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, looking at the list of ingredients, I think 40 minutes at 350 is a little too much.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger lance said...

That looks so delicious. Good job. Semi-dried cabbage? Interesting. Interesting serving plate too.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Interesting. My mum bake the green peppers like this too but she would fry rice and put inside before putting cheddar slice on top and then bake. :) Yumm but fattening. Hehe!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Lannae said...

Cute Babies (see your previous post!) You are so lucky to have such nice niece and nephew!

So, at the Walgreens in my town, I saw on sale a 1.5 Quart crockpot with removal crock from the heating unit (good for storage in fridge, and for cleaning only ceramic crock). It cost $9.99 with $3 rebate, to total $6.99. That is just in case you were interested in a little little crockpot. :-)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Hehe.. I takut salmonella, so better be more than less.

lance : Yap, that is my favorite plate. ;)

primrose : Oh yes, cheese with fried rice is a sinfully good option, but I had to choose tofu for less calories. :P Let see when I can get rid of enough weight for me to start those yummy high calories foods. *sigh*

lannae : Thanks lannae for the info. ^_^ I'll keep that in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home