Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Welcoming a new age ;)

Oops... it's my birthday. ^_^

As Dec 4 falls on a Monday this year, I decided to "celebrate" it one day earlier by...

*ehhem*



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
... ate a plate of Southern Style Fried Chicken!! in Bojangle's... alone. *hmm...* Sound so lonely hor~~~ Well, although it was one day earlier in U.S, it was actually Dec 4 back in Kuching already. So, Kuching girl must celebrate her birthday following Kuching time. :P

I truly enjoyed that high calorie plate. Peeled every single meat from the bone, until so clean!! Absolutely yummy!! I am a fish who highly addicted to Fried Drumstick, this is not a normal fast food for me... after 2 months of no fried chicken diet, this was a plate of GREAT FOOD to heal my soul.

I spent less than US$5 on that. What a super cheap way to celebrate it.

After that, with a bloated stomach, I worked for 5 hrs on this cold rainy Sunday, burnt my calories in gym for an hour, came home to cook myself a beehoon soup as dinner and did my laundry. See... this was how fish fish past her birthday this year in such a quiet way.

Thinking back, except when I was 1 yo, I've never have any birthday party for myself. Really. Not even when I was 21 yo. In fact, I have never have my birthday celebrated in Kuching since 21. It has been a tradition for my family to greet me happy birthday through phone. Simple and fast. Mom would say... "Boil 2 eggs and 1 drumstick to eat ar~~~" Yeah, that is our family tradition to celebrate birthday in the very basic form. Somehow, she forgot to say that this year.

I ate my drumstick today. I'll boil one egg to eat tomorrow. Tee hee hee... only left one egg in my fridge now. Better than none right?

Ok... last year has been a very fluctuated age for fish fish.

Here is the list :

1. Dec 2006 - Mar 2007 - Last 4 months in Kyoto, Apr - Aug 2007 - Only 5 months in Kuching, Sept - Nov 2007 - First 3 months in NC. See, 1 year I changed 3 countries.

2. Said bye bye to my student life. Finally!! Then, jobless for 5 months. Luckily, started my 1st job and 3 months has past, safely. :P Three months only, but I am already starting to learn the proper behaviour in a working world.

3. Moved to a new house. Spent much more quality time with my family during my stay in Kuching. Have been sharing a lot of thoughts and talks with mom. Especially when I spent the time with her on the cruise and in KL. Truly the priceless moments for us. I LOVE YOU!! Thank you mom, for bearing the pain on this day many years ago. Heart the 2 little lifes in my family. They were truly CUTE!!!! I miss them very much now. How long will I have to endure to be able to see them? *sob sob*

4. Bye bye to my 11-year vegetarianism. It was an extreme shift. Ever since I started to eat meat and seafood from January, I have tried some of the exotic and bizarre foods. To name a few - Kobe beef, horse sashimi, puffer fish, milt... But still, I love my vegetables and fruits.

5. Became a Scuba diver and turned quite extreme for the sport during my 5 months in Kuching. Went to Sipadan for one of the most unforgettable diving trip with Angeline and Edward. Truly love the companion of the two. I learnt so much in the underwater world. From gigantic shark, turtle, stingray to colourful nudibranch, coral and christmas tree worms... these are the familiar words in my dictionary now. Even caught my 1st lobster. Experienced a dinner with 13 lobsters and 6 big fishes for a table of only 10 people. That was just the small part of the fun I had in diving. I am still waiting for kissing a turtle for real next time though. *Grrrrrr... Kaye and Angel just went to Sipadan and water rafting.* Left me out. Hmmmpfh!! I want you girls show me the pictures!!! I MISS DIVING!! and THE DIVERS!!

6. Learnt to know the many unknown hiking and trekking sites from Edward. He really taught me a lot of things about nature. Kuching's nature is a few level up for me after his "teaching". I'll never forget that splendid bamboo bridge. Thanks sensei~~~

7. Used shinkansens and flights much more than usual to travelling around. I miss taking Shinkansen now.

8. Friends. Well, each of them left a footprint in my life, some still around me, some not. I appreciate all that. The good and bad experiences turned what I am today. One thing I am really happy, I spent so much quality time with Min Fui this time after so many years we never really get together in the same place. Girl, I love you! Both of us went through a lot of thing. Neither one of us the goo goo gaa gaa in Primary 1 anymore. Thinking back how we were together everyday in our young age, then once a year during the past few years, yet still able to share each other secret with no gap at all till now, that is really amazing!

9. A total of more than 20 kg weight up and down in 1 year. Geee... Hoi Chin said I am like a balloon. Heee, I think she is right. :P

10. A stone that stayed in my heart for more than 10 years, I finally put that down, magically with a hand movement. :) I am a true me now. I love the fish fish now. I know how to love the meaningful ones around me now. I learnt the real meaning of "Look at what you have now, not what you don't have". It sounds easy, but took so many years for me to finally understand that.

Still, I am a very greedy eating fish and love to sleep fish as usual. Oops!

One year older?

Nah~~~

It is one year prettier, wiser and richer. ;)

18 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Nightraveller said...

I think I have grabbed the 1st place!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! MAY ALL YOUR PRETTY WISHES COME TRUE!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Acrix said...

Happy Birthday :p

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger eVea said...

tears oozed out of my eyes when i read the 3 letter words u gave ur mum. i juz wish i can do the same to mine. somehow there's a gap betw us n becos of that, i think i'm the worst dotter a mum ever had.
anyway, "happy Birthday to u"! hope u have a great year ahead... ;)

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

happy birthday my dear, guess what? i woke up in the morning and was looking at the calendar and on the dec 4th box was written.."fish fish bday!" many happy returns to you..

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Happy birthday, year year got Fish.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger zh1yong said...

Happy birthday to you!! Best wishes!!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger lance said...

Happy Birthday Fish Fish!!!! Nice positive enjoyments and growth in Fish Fish this past year. Many more to come

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Happy birthday.. my dear FF..! may your adventures in life.. be as interesting.. as one can find.. and may good health..and happiness be with you always..!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Happy belated birthday to you!! Celebrated BD alone? hmm...a tips for u. Next time just use yr 3G phone, so that u can celebrate with a group of yr Kuching friend through da phone!!!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

happy burpday fish fish

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger angeline-TMC said...

Happy bitrhday,my dearest friend!!Yesterday(04/12) i was thinking:who's birthday is today?And then i thought it was just my brother's birthday...sorry bout that...
Once again,happy birthday!!

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger smazh said...

Happy Birthday! Hope this year is also an exciting one for you.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

happy birthday. wishes come true for you. actually i am pretty surprised myself that you completely adapted to meat eating. i stopped beef for a year already. i don't really like it now. it smells horrible. but sometimes i have to eat it (work, with customers ... you know, it is like drinking). you just can't kampai with your customer a can of coca ! on the other hand, i think you got mix-up with the year. this year is still 2006 and last year was 2005. you were away too ahead. i still have not made my 2007 aspirations :p

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Lannae said...

Dear Fish Fish! Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have many happy birthdays to come too! Thank you for sharing your birthday with us!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Thanks everyone!! ^_^ So happy to see all these sweet birthday wishes from your guys. It made this year's birthday a special one for me. :) I am a lucky girl.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Di said...

Happy belated birthday fish fish! Hope the new year will be an even better one for you ^___^

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Happy belated birthday Fish fish! May you be blessed with good health, happiness, wisdom, a hot body, and most important... good progress in your career. :D
And a boyfriend for fish fish too...

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

nighttraveller : Geee... thanks a lot LX. Gan dong!

acrix : Thanks. ;)

evea : Thank eve. Oh no, I absolutely know you are a good dotter. ;) I only started to be able to say that 3 words out few years ago. Take a great gut for me to say it at the 1st time. :P But you know what, my mom say that to me now too sometimes!! I am really glad I took the 1st step.

~angel~ : Wah~~~ my bd date is on your calendar too ar. TQ~~~ Muak!

cooknengr : I wish I can Big Fish Big Meat now. *sigh*

zh1yong : Thank you. ^_^

lance : Thanks lance. I sure hope many more to come. ;)

mamabok : Thank you dear. Your comments always warm this blog. Muak!

jackson : Haha.. best to go back Kuching next year and let them all celebrate with me in person!! :P *I am dreaming*

babe_kl : Thanks dear. That's a cute burp!

Angeline : "Just my brother's birthday" Haha, your brother will cry if he saw this phrase. You hutang me the present ar, I'll go back to minta from you next time. *bleh~~~*

smazh : Thanks! Sure hope this year will be some exciting happenings for me too. ;)

patrick : OMG!! How could I made such a mistake. Ok, will correct it soon. Thanks!!! :P

lannae : I should be the one to say thank you for this warm greeting. ^_^

di : Thanks! My my, 2007 is only 25 days away.

miracle8 : Haha... my dear, I love the word "hot body". Hopefully I will really be able to go out makan with you next time in my "hot body". :P I need the good progress for my work too. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home