Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

How about this beef?

You might have experienced a great medium rare filet mignon that was juicy and tasty.

You might have tasted a nice long-time-cooking beef stew that was melty and soft.

However, I doubt you have tried this.

Two great dishes made from a cow's leg's tendon.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This chewy texture 5 spices tendon was amazing. Not only it has a great texture, the taste was equally good. It was so yummy that it turned out to be the fastest dish to be cleaned by us. :P

People who are familiar with beef tendon would definitely love this.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This one, also using the beef tendon, but it has a totally different texture.

The beef's leg were cook until it melted. By this time, the skin of the beef turned soft yet still have the "crunchy" texture. After the deboning, the melted tendon was mixed with the thinly sliced skin to cold set into a fabulous beef tendon jelly.

It tasted plain when eaten just as it was.

However, with a dip of black vinegar + sesame oil + chopped fresh young ginger?



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Orgasmic!!

This cold and smooth beef jelly with the chunky skin was just too good to let go.

*slurp*

4 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger eVea said...

beef jelly!! o O... *scared*

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

doesn't look too good for me too. there is possibility me going to the states this year for a couple of weeks. how far are you from chicago ?

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger lance said...

I've had beef tendon in pho. Love it. Seen it in the market often. If you guys prepared it, could you tell me how I can do it, as I sure would like to try, as yours look so good and tasty stir fried. Thanks...

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

evea : Ai yor~~~ belum cuba belum tahu.

patrick leong : When? Wao!! Would be good if you can come over to N.C. too. Hey, Melissa will be staying in my place from 21-24 March. ^_^ Oh yah, it is about 2 hrs flying from chicago Ohare to RDU.

lance : Lance, I wish I know how to cook one too. I wish. Unfortunately, that was not by me, it was by my friend's mom. Great cook!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home