Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Yummy salad ^_^

I made my own salad on Sunday.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Including the salad dressing.

A simple recipe.

1/4 cup vege oil
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper

Mix everything together until the emulsion as above is formed. :)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Remember to get a pack of crunchy Chow Mein Noodles.

This is a great ingredient to bring out the accent of the whole salad.

Now, time to prepare the fresh ingredients.

Wipe 1/2 portabello cap with a damped paper towel and bake for 5 min at 325 degree F. Cut the mushroom into small slices. (Replace with other mushrooms also can)
Put some toasted Macadamia nut into the oven at the same time to bake until it turned golden brown. (Replace with other nuts also can)
These 2 ingredients will give the salad an irresistible aroma.

While waiting for the mushroom and Macadamia...
Cut a whole tomato into wedges.
Cut 1/6 of lettuce into thin and long strips.
Heat frozen sweet corn in microwave for 30 seconds.
(Any vegetable combination is ok. Choose the ones that will give you different colours, various texture and flavour).

Add on 1/4 cup of Chow Mein.

Finally, add in 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing.

Mix... mix... mix

Less than 20 min...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tralala~~~ a colourful, yummy and healthy homemade salad.

It was so good. I was so addicted to it that I have been eating different salad combination with that salad dressing and the Chow Mein. (That salad dressing that I made was adequate to make 6 servings of salad).

I will try to play around with the salad dressing with different herbs and different vinegars... it will be a full yummilicious fun. ^_^

Why don't you try it too? Let me know if you love it. ;)

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

I still prefer cooked veges. By the way, I like that HUGE burger at the top!. :)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jasmine said...

Hey fish-fish! Your blog has become a daily read for me ^^. Make sure you keep warm with all the winter weather we've been having.

Guess what! I'm going back to Malaysia this July - I'll be sure to say hi to Wena while I'm there :).

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

primrose : Thanks. ^_^ Hope you can blog more.

jasmine : Wow!! *envy* I hope I can go back next year. Now try to save as much vacations for that. :P Say hi to Wena for me too. ^_^ Enjoy your holidays in Malaysia then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home