Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

From L.A. to S.F.

Warning : 53 pictures in one post! This is going to be the post with the most pictures in my history of blogging! :P So, I will just make my writing to the simplest.

It was a story on Christmas day.

We were on a journey from Los Angeles to San Francisco through Hwy 101.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We departed early on Christmas morning. Very empty streets. People were gathering at home to unwrap their Christmas presents. The family time.

I was lucky not to celebrate my Christmas alone.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mr. Food Guide be my companion on that day.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We started to head north.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Before that, it was always important to fill up fish fish's stomach first.

I tried a frozen Taquito for the 1st time. Errrr... nothing fancy.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Of course, 1 taquito was just too small for my big rumen.

So, we stopped by in another store, a famous Chinese style breakfast.

After waited for 30 min...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I got my long You Tiao with Hot Soymilk. Gosh! I didn't realise the soymilk was so hot that I burnt my tongue with the 1st sip. -_-"""



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was Mr. Food Guide Meat Sandwich, with horrible amount of cilantro. Oh yes, that made me a good girl not to fight one with him. Good for Mr. Guide.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Into the Highway.

I fell asleep. The next moment when I woke up, we ended up in a nice neighbourhood.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oops! Mr. Food Guide stopped by on the way to visit this loving couple with their 3 little princesses. *quick quick combed hair nice nice*

Great people. They were Mr. Food Guide's Bulldog gang back in his university. We just somehow passed through this neighbourhood.

After a short while, we continued our journey.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The car need to be fueled up.

Good Mr. Food Guide.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hiao Mr. Food Guide. -_-""" He is not being named Zhi Lian Kuang for no reason.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The space in front of me. Messy!

That white plastic bag was for me to throw the thrash after eating something. :P It was getting full through the journey. Hohoho...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Eventually, we drove along the seaside.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Passed through huge orange orchard.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Breathtaking view along the highway.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Beautiful sky.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Interesting landscapes changing along the journey.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Although I am not a geomorphologist, I always adore the many faces of natural landscapes.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This picture is not telling you at all how beautiful the real scene. It was GIGANTIC!! I was holding my breath.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Once passed through this tunnel...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The scene changed into something different.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We decided to off trail a bit to see this small town called Lompoc. An important place for military purpose.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Look what I found? A RV!!

One of my dream is to have my own RV one day. Yes, I love to think travelling with this cool vehicle. *Heart starts to bump faster*



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Glad to see some housing area after mile by mile of mountains.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The weather was so pretty that day. We would just let the cool air outside flow inside the car to mix with the hot air. Fresh and warm!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
*iish* Driving also still could concious on phototaking. Once again showed what a great Zhi Lian Kuang he is.

Hello~~~ good good look at the road ok.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was an interesting view of the country side. Big land with far apart houses. I will feel uncomfortable with no neighbour around.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The white cloud gave a very good effect in drawing the blue sky.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Stopping again for gasoline. Unique housing area on the hill.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Off to seaside road again.

One of the thing that caught my attention during the whole trip was ANIMALS.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We passed through many dead skunks.

At first, I didn't notice them. Then, we passed through one and the strong sulfur just suddenly attacked the car.

I stared at Mr. Food Guide fiercely and said, "Hey!! Why your fart so smelly one!!"

He just laughed out so loud and showed an innocent face to me...

"That's not mine. That's the skunk."

Oh! Bewilderingly, I tried to focus on the next one.

Holy scent!! I finally found the skunks that committed the crime. Those poor things, they involved in the accidents and...

... to revenge the human, they decided to let all their sulfur-containing chemical spreaded in the whole area.

The smell??? NO KIDDING. We could even detect it from a mile away.

We met a total of 16 dead skunks that day!

Seriously, I love their look, sooooo CUTE. However, their smell will just get rid of anyone away.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
For my request, Mr. Food Guide stopped at a seaside for me to take some nice pictures.

There were only our car on that stopping area.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have been missing beach and sea so much. It brought me back to the time where I could just easily access to the beachside. My scuba diving moment. My underwater aquarium excitement.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There was this little seagull that caught my attention.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
See its leg? Oh~~~ poor thing. Only one leg.

"So kor lian. Only one leg." I looked at it while said that to Mr. Food Guide.

"Fish Fish, it cheats you only. The other leg is still there." He laughed again at my naivety.

*Glow fire* *Chase the bird to make it walk*

Dong Dong~~~ another leg just magically came out.

-_-""" Even a bird wanted to bully me. *vomit blood* (the words mean very angry)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The beach had beautiful plants.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A bird was caught courting in action. Tee hee hee...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Do you know what was this?

Seaweed! Geee... 1st time encountered into such a seaweed.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A last glance at the beautiful sea before we had to start our journey again.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We made another stop. There were 4 golden retrievers.

*Bark! Bark! Bark!* Sso fierce, take picture also cannot ah?

Bye bye lor~~~



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We were here to see one of the animal in the picture.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Look at the number of visitors there!

It was really cold and windy.

Not so good for us.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
However, definitely a heaven for this creature.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They are named the Northern Elephant Seals.

Oh man... I was really excited to see so many of them in nature at one time.

Notice the one that I marked with "*".



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tralala~~~ it noticed fish fish. So.... it started to "Sing" for me!!! So loud.

Oh yes, the long proboscis made that loud noise to attract its female counterparts.

It was one of the biggest among the crowd. The huge one can reach 1800 kgs. Oolala~~~



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hmmm... there were 2 alone in the sea. Gegegegegeeeee.... imagine the water coldness already made me shivered.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After that, we continued our journey again.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The next stop, we saw the 4 retrievers again.

This time, they got tired of this shameless fishparazzi and would just ignore my existance.

Geeee... made me paiseh only.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I stopped by to get a corn dog. Yah, tea time. 1st time on corn dog. Not bad.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Also, a Ben & Jerry's ice cream. My 1st try too. Not my kind of ice cream. I still like Cold Stone much much better.

In fact, I felt sick after that whole cone of Ben & Jerry's. -_-"""



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The sky was getting darker.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Soon, it was sunset. Darkness came and nothing much to see.

We reached San Francisco much later that scheduled because we kept stopping along the way. :P

Definitely, it was one of the best road trip for me. I saw and learnt many things.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Finally, we came to DD's place. Oh~~~ my only proper meal for that day. Love the ribs.

*burp* Good night everybody.

Next post, it will be about San Francisco. What a different city from L.A. ;)

9 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

sound exiciting.... wish our road in Sarawak is like that...hehehe

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger -ms jumbled mind- said...

mr food looks like demolition man jean claude!! yummy hhehhehe lOL
:)

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Janice Dhing Woon said...

i love road trips too :)
you get to see more things..
the pics you took are soo nice.. i wish i could apparate over there right now :P

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

awesome post! great photos except for the road kill. luckily, i haven't killed skunks on the road yet. looking at the seals reminded me of my trip to Philip Island in Australia.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

kristopher : Actually, I am very interested to do a Sarawak's road trip one day, up to Sabah. ;)

ms jumbled mind : Haha... jean claude likes to show his sexy butts in his films.

janice dhing woon : ^_^ Oh yes, road trips are the best to see great things.

serenity : I feel sad for the skunks too. They are really very cute, despite the smell.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Dear Fish fish,
firstly, let me wish you a very happy Valentine's day!
Your road trip with Hiao Da Ger reminded me of my road trip in Australia last year. Melbourne-Canberra-Katoomba-Parramatta-Sydney. Saw a lot of dead kangaroos on the highway as well. Sad...
CNY is around the corner dear. Hope you have a fulfilling and happy CNY! Hugs

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Lannae said...

Wow, that was some road trip! I think it is funny that you took pictures of all your food in the car! The Taquito looked good in theory, but the reality is I do not love them either. The ice cream was funny too, sorry your stomach felt bad. hehehe maybe it was the last in the long line of "road food" that made your stomach feel funny? I like the sealions and dogs too! Oh, and the skunk, Pee-EWWW! Are there skunks in MY and Japan?

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

miracle8 : Happy Valentine to you too, my dear. ^_^ I wish I can go to Australia one day. I heard it is a great place.

lannae : I have never seen any skunk in My or Japan, so I think there isn't any.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Fish Fish
Came to your blog by chance. Just want to let you know that we drove from LA to SFO on Highway 5, but took 101 on our return trip from SFO to LA. We saw the same elephant seals at the same place...it was Jan 2001 then ;)
Your photos brought back such wonderful memories of our several long distance drives in California :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home