Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My 1st piggy day

Never in my life I spent the 1st day of CNY like I did on this year.

Wore my pyjama and stayed at home the whole day.
Talked in phone with the same person for more than 7 hours!

Basically, I was aptly named a lazy pig on the 1st day of oink oink year.

How wonderful was that.

Well, one thing for sure, pig will move for food.

Same for this piggy fish.

I was busy in the kitchen preparing my meal while talking on the phone.

Hehe...

I challenged myself to make Kiaw (Chinese dumpling) for the first time because I was too homesick.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These were the ingredients.
Pork (of course!), fresh prawn, rehydrated dried mushroom and Chinese cabbage.

For the seasoning, I used salt, ginger powder, garlic powder and five spices.

*chop... chop... chop...*

*after 20 min*



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My filling for the Kiaw was ready to use.

I utilized the ready to use dumpling skin.

That was indeed so convenient for me.

*wrap... wrap... wrap* *busy talking on phone**saliva splashed into the Kiaw*



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tralala~~~ a box of nice looking dumplings.

Ready for the cooking. ^_^

*Boil water* *Throw a few dumplings in*

*Prepared a bowl of miso soup at the same time*



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dang! Dang! Dang! My simple yet satisfying homecook meal.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The cooked Kiaw was scooped out and blend with some garlic chip, soy sauce, sesame oil and vegetable oil.

In Kuching we called this Da Kiaw (dry dumpling). It is my favorite hawker's delicacy. Never tired of it.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oolala~~~ This was good! Must better than what I have expected.

The filling was Bouncing My Teeth. The dumpling skin was smoother than mine. -_-"""



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In addition to that, I used the dumpling skin to make some baked curry puff. ^_^

Heeee... this curry puff was definitely much much better than my 1st attempt. I just love the skin. So crunchy!!

It was good to have such a lazy Nian Chu Yi. It sure was.

6 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

Can u tell me the brand of the kiaw wrapper that you used? Have been struggling to find the right kind in NJ. The Chinese store here carries wonton wrapper, Shanghai dumping wrapper and the regular wrapper. Not sure which one tastes like Kuching.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Hey..FF,
Yes.. can you tell me what wrapper you used..?? we donch have these here too.. but we have egg roll wrappers.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger eVea said...

Happy Chinese New Year to u, Fish Fish! hav been very bz... miss ur blog! ;)

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Wow your kiaw looks absolutely delicious! yUmmmmyyy...
Gong Xi Fa Da Cai! :D

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

adrian & mamabok : I asked my Chinese friend. She told me the yellow colour wrapper is Cantonese style while the white colour wrapper is Shanghai style. Wonton skin is thin while Dumpling skin is thick. Ok, I am not sure if your place have the round shape and square shape wrapper. The round one is thicker and it is for dumpling while the thinner square wrapper is for wonton. Kiaw wrapper will be similar with wonton skin. I used Shang Hai style because it has no colouring inside. Hope that helps.

evea : Hey dear, I know you are very busy this season. But hor, try to blog when can ok. I am addicted to your blog. :P

miracle8 : Xie Xie BK! Happy new year to you too. Muak!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Kristopher said...

wow...i wan to eat also....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home