Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Simple baked chicken

I saw some chicken thigh with very good price. Somehow, I remembered the grilled chicken my mom used to make when I was young.

So, I called her for the recipe.

It sounds easier than what I have thought.

So, I decided to get my hands dirty in the kitchen on Sunday.

I deskinned 2 chicken thigh.

Then, rubbed a mixture of salt, powdered ginger, powdered garlic and ground black pepper. (My mom used all the fresh seasonings.)

Let it marinated for about 1 hr. Drained excess liquid.

Rub honey just before baking (more if you prefer to be sweeter).

Baked in oven at 325 degree F for about 15 min on each side. Then, brushed some oil on the surface and increased temperature to 375 degree F to continue baking process until outer layer turned into a grilled brown. Checked to make sure an even baking on both sides.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tralala~~~

My 1st experience on making a baked chicken. :P



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The low temperature retained the moisture and softness inside while the higher temperature turned the outer layer into a more crispy and slightly burnt texture.

It was a piece of good chicken. I should do this more often. I will. Next time, I am going to try with curry powder instead. :P

6 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Honey baked chicken...sounds like those honey chicken in the restaurants...

anyway looks yummy!

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Janice Dhing Woon said...

those honey baked chicken reminds me of the bake chicken my po po (grandma)make for me when i was a little kid..
ooh i missed those baked chicken.. hehe.. oh ya.. u can add potato and carrot along when you bake this chicken. This will make a balance meal. :) potato and carrot will taste great with the honey sauce.. :)

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, use hi temp to burn a crust the lower the temp. The crust will trap the moisture.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger kaye~ys said...

fish, just to inform you... angel's bday feb 16, friday, and she's got herself a posting... yet to know when and where she would be posted... most probably she'll know that soon...

you take k, gal... love your pic from LA... :>

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger lance said...

Fish Fish,

Looks and sounds so taste. Instead of brushing it with oil at the final step, try brushing it with butter. How sinful is that!!!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

johnny : I can cook one for you next time. ^_^

janice : This version of mine quite dry. No sauce. But good suggestion, I might grill some carrot and bell peppers in the future with the chicken. ;)

cooknengr : Ee? How come you said the different thing with my mom one? Who should I believe?

kaye~ys : Oh, really happy to hear she get the posting. Hope she knows the place soon. Yap, I remember her bd. Thanks anyway.

lance : Haha... that's the reason why I didn't use butter although I know it will be more scrumptious. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home