Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Bumpy Bubba in Baltimore (3) - Mama's on the Half Shell

On the first night in Baltimore, we went to Mama's On The Half Shell for dinner. We chose this place as there were many good reviews.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We didn't make a reservation. It was a ridiculous wait for us. Instead of the stated 45 min, we ended up waited for another 1 hr.

The crowd was really packed. Oh my, too much for me.

Finally, we got our seats. Unfortunately, despite waited for that long, they didn't able to make 10 of us sat together. We were separated into a group of 6 and a group of 4.

I was in the group of 6.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We ordered a plate of fried calamari rings. The batter was too oily, the calamari was not soft enough. However, as we were hungry, these rings finished up in a short time.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Next, we had a plate of crab and artichoke dip. The dip texture was too viscous and rich for me. The taste was quite nice though.

The dip did taste better with the bread. That was my favorite part.

After the appetizers, we had our own food for the night.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
L & M each ordered one onion soup.

Onion soup usually is too rich for me. However, the onion soup for the night smelled good once the cheese layer was broke into. I might be tempted to try if not because it looked too rich.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was my plate of salad with vinaigrette dressing. The dressing was too sweet for us who ordered it. It would be better if the dressing was more sour and less thick.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
T had a single crab cake with a bowl of apple sauce. I like the apple sauce, not too sweet. A good form of dessert-like side dish.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
M's lobster sandwich. I tried a bit of the lobster. It was overcooked, the natural lobster taste was masked by the creamy salad dressing. I felt bad for the lobster to be ended up this way.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
L had a plate of fried shrimp with pilaf.

The shrimp was quite nice.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was A's ordering. She had a plate of stuffed shrimp with mash potatoes and salad.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Among all, I have to say this was the most scary portion for the night.

A classic plate of deep fried seafoods. Too much things in one plate.

I have never seen a fish fillet that was that big portion. S barely ate 1/10 of the plate as she was too full. Oh my, that really taught me a lesson never choose a combination plate if you are going to finish that plate alone.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My broiled scallop with pilaf. It tasted good. However, the texture was overcooked. One of my biggest concern in food is good texture. Basically, I was quite disappointed with my scallop for that night. Argh! I miss my heavenly good Japanese Aburi Scallop.

Oh well, my conclusion on the dinner for that night.
Waited too long to be seated.
Food was ok.
Service was quite nice.

Therefore, avoid weekends if you can. Make a reservation before you go.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That night was soooo cold. We have to stand besides this great heater to wait for our van. :P

7 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger mk@tokyo said...

fish fish. always love ur food reviews :) do you like oyster? the jap restaurant I used to work for has very nice "牡蠣の鉄板焼き". Sometimes my boss will cook us oyster tempura :o so yummy.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, the mains and sides don't match

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Err... looks fattening though.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

over-cooked calamari will end up tough and chewy. looks like you had a very loaded grub at that restaurant. i feel so full just reading and seeing the photos ;)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Zhi Yong said...

The onion soup looks tempting.. It was nice to have heaters while waiting.. these are not common in UK..

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mk@tokyo : Yes and no. ^_^ I have tasted heavenly good oyster, but I swallowed terrible and bland oyster before too. So, if I want an oyster, I have to make sure it is a fresh and yummy one. Just like when I am choosing an Uni. ;)

cooknengr : Yap, you and me shared the same thinking.

primrose : Tasted even more fattening that the look.

serenity : Yap. A very greasy heavy dinner for us that night. I didn't even do my workout after that. -_-"""

zhi yong : Neither did Japan. I was surprised too with that heater.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Holly said...

what kind of salad is that side salad? it looks like onion and tomato swimming in an ocean of ranch dressing. Doesn't look like something I'd want to eat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home