Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Bumpy Bubba in Baltimore (4) - Capitol City Brewing Company

Our 2nd day lunch was settled in a brewing company's restaurant.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was located at the harbor place.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Capitol City Brewing Company.

We ordered 3 appetizers.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While waiting for the appetizers, we were served some soft pretzels with pungent horseradish sauce that was sinus clearing.

Love the pretzel. It was a good one. Usually I don't like pretzel, this was an exception for me. I finished the whole pretzel.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our 1st appetizer was a spinach and artichoke dip with warm pita bread.

The dip was my favorite. It was in great texture and taste that just suited my palate. The warm crispy pita bread was a fabulous choice to go with the dip.

Excellent for me!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't favor Tuna usually. In fact, I am not a fan of red meat fish. However, this plate of Seared Ahi Tuna captured my attention. I liked the beautiful presentation. Tried one piece.

Great taste. The combination of the black and white sesame coating, slightly cooked outer layer and nicely marinated raw inner layer of the tuna definitely brought out the great taste perfectly. The sourness from vinegar gave a really good accent to this fish. Great way to marinate it.

Better, it was a healthy dish.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My plate of appetizer. The 3rd one was the milky paste at the upper right corner. It was the Federal Hill Hummus. This hummus was something serious. The rich garlicky taste matched really good with soft pita wedges.

I have no complaint for these 3. They were definitely a better choice of appetizers than yesterday's evening. More healthy, non-greasy and good looking appetizers.

I wanted something to quench my thirst after my appetizer's session.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The other girls' choice caught my attention. So, I ordered one of this Dominion Root Beer too after looked through the ingredients. Well, this root beer is sweetened with a mixture of locally produced honey and sugar, rather than the corn syrup that is used for most American soft drinks.

M... M... M... M... M~~~. Now, that was good. A good punch of the taste with the bubbles.

You just sipped through the bottle like the way you drink beer. Hehe... at least that was good for us who didn't get a beer in a brewing pub. ;)

However, our waiting turned into something painful. The restaurant was quite empty when we were there, but the food was served so slow. We wondered why it took forever for our main dishes to be ready.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now, waiting with a strong sun keep shining to your eyes definitely not something good. My neck almost got sunburn from the heat. :(



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was so bored that I started to take meaningless pictures here and there.

I forgot how long we waited. We missed the time for visiting a brewery. Gah!! We have to cancel that in our plan.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The good point was, I did not have to swallow my crab cake sandwich in a hasty way when it finally came. Instead of having the normal type of fries, I requested to change to sweet potato fries. I enjoyed the sweet potato fries. It was much better than I have thought as I didn't expect anything from it when I ordered it. Very crispy yet non-greasy thin layer of coating with the sweet, soft yet not mushy inner flesh. Now, I would order a sweet potato again if it is this fries. ;)

I enjoyed the crab cake. It was actually one of the nicely prepared crab cake if compared to my past 6 crab cakes. Not too salty. Crispy brown outer layer and moisture crab lumps inside. Didn't like much of the coleslaw though, too creamy for me.

*Chomp~ Chomp~ Chomp~* *Burp~~~*

Although it was a long wait and the service was only so-so, the food was actually quite impressed me. I enjoyed this meal better than my previous one.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oh yes... a great way to burn our calories after the meal. Stand and appreciated the nice view of the harbor. :P

Ciao~~~

5 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, are you a sexy Red Neck girl now ?

Redneck, American version of 山頂腳, because they usually drive pick up truck and the sun ray comes through the back window and tan the neck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_vq7ad_rs

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Kitikata-san said...

Fish Fish, I am glad you post so much about Baltimore. I love Baltimore because it has a lot of history, Walter's Art Gallery (fabulous!!), lots of seafood, close to D.C., Annapolis, Philadelphia, and the Atlantic Ocean. Baltimore is known for hard working people and fishermen (and women). Fish Fish visited a Fish town! hehehehe Thanks for posting so much about one of my favorite places in the USA.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger cynthiafoo said...

I simply enjoy the tour in Baltimore from your posts thesedays.
keep them more coming! Yay~!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Haha... Sua Deng Ka. So long didn't hear this term liao.

kitikate-san : I am glad you enjoyed it. ^_^ Baltimore is indeed a pretty city, better than I expected.

cynthiafoo : 1 down. Three more to come. :P

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger mk@tokyo said...

fish fish, your post always make me feel hungry :o keep up the good job! Always looking forward to read your post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home