Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bumpy Bubba in Baltimore (6) - National Aquarium

One of the great place we went was the National Aquarium in Baltimore.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^_^ My trip partners for this time. Only one green leaves with all the red roses. :P



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Do you notice anything about this picture? Look very careful before you scroll down.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Holy cold. Look how gracefully this bird was using its Self Alevation Kung Fu walking on the frozen sea. Yes, Baltimore was that cold.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We were there at 10.00 am. 15 minutes before the premise was opened.

Yap, we got the ticket for a dolphin show too. Y^_^Y



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The aquarium has different zones showing creatures from around the region. One of my favorite was this Tidal Coast. It looked quite different from the other zone.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Well, the fish and sea creatures not a big attraction to me as I have seen much more in Kaiyukan (my personal experiences here and here) and the real underwater (Example here, here, here and here). However, this is a wonderful place for family to spend a good time. Great place for little children to have a real 1st time experience with their underwater friends.

Instead of the living creatures in those big aquarium, I was more fascinated with other stuffs.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My favorite wall. ^_^ I tried to figure out the owners of these body parts, but still my knowledge was very limited for me to know all of them. :P



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Did it look like a stone? Hehe... that's why it is named Stonefish.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now I know what were these. It was actually part of the kelp!! Cool~~~ One of my wish lists is to be able to dive in a kelp forest someday.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have a love hate feeling towards this fish.

This was actually a piranha's skull. Wow! Very different from the normal fish, isn't it?



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My very familiar kind of environment, the rainforest. I miss spending my time just walking in those paths and inhaling the most wonderful fresh air.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This red bird flew up to the twig and gave its feather a good comb with its beak.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Next, I joined this huge crowd.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tralala~~~ for the 2 adorable dolphins to show off their talents.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^_^ Oh yes, these 2 cuties sure won themselves a lot of great applause.

The dolphin show was over. Enjoyable moment.

However, my greatest fun for the day, have to credit to these amphibians.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
*Rabbit~~~* May I present you... THE FROGS!!

Ok, these two were the normal looking frogs. Get ready for the coming pictures...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yellow!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Green!!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Errr... horny?



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ewww~~~ so slimy.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Among all, my favorite for the day. These blue frogs. The color just looked too fake to be real. But, they were real for good.

In general, colorful frogs are venomous. The animals kingdom know that. Therefore, some smart frog decided to evolve and turn into one of these colourful bad frogs to camouflage themselves.

"Hey, I am very poisonous, get out of my way!"



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oolala~~~ thanks to this frog, I have a chance to see the underneath of a frog. :P

We ended our aquarium visiting after the frog exhibition.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oh yes baby... Time for lunch! We were so hungry that we just wanted to rock ourselves until the restaurant. ^_^

*Lunch~ lunch~ lunch~*



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
However, the road to the lunch was not an easy one. Very cold~~~~ grrrrrr....

Even the snow didn't get a chance to totally melted away. They were as hard as ice rock.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here was A showed you how to make use of a tall guy to block the cold wind. Tee hee hee...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Baltimore is definitely a beautiful city. I wish I has more time to appreciate the artistic side of it. February was really cold for a good visiting. I bet this place will be great for summer vacations.

Adios Baltimore, see you!

4 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

HEy Fish Fish, send the stonefish over, I have curry, coconut milk, okra, eggplant......in the pot, ready to go.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Zhi Yong said...

Bet you won't be dreaming of jumping into amazon river after looking at the piranha skull?! :P

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

The Baltimore Aquarium seems to have a variety of interesting frogs :)) If you like harbors and aquariums, Boston is very picturesque. Their New England Aquarium is pretty amazing. I can tell you had a fun trip. Great pics!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Kena racun how?

zhi_yong : Hehe... I imagine I am a piranha sometime. :P

serenity : I heard Boston is a great city. I have yet to explore it. *Wait Wait Wait*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home