Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A look at San Francisco (1)

San Francisco are one of those few cities that you can go around without having a car.

I didn't like its night, but I was impressed with its morning. ^_^

Now, let me give you a short tour with my pictures...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rows of buildings on both sides of long straight streets was my first impression on it.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Some of these streets are actually steep rolling hills. This pictures show San Francisco cable car system in operation. It is the world's last permanently operational manually-operated cable car system, and is now an icon of the city of San Francisco.

Their low speed, small service area and premium fares for single rides make these cable cars primarily a tourist attraction.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Look like a drawing, don't you think so? ;)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
If you ask those who live in San Francisco, they will tell you one of the reason they love this city is because of the Victorian buildings.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Even the more modern buildings in this city are old if compared to L.A.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Wooden" building. Ha! These are actually wooden tiles coating the building. Some of the tiles have peeled off.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It does not matter what type of buildings, you will see Rainbow Flags here and there.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was really amazed with the parking skill of residents in San Francisco. Parking you car nicely on such a steep slope definitely not an easy work for me.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Imagine walking up and down this stair everyday, I am sure I will burnt off all my calories in one year. :P

I wish I could have a big bowling ball and rolled those car down like the pins. Tee hee hee...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Staying in one of these historical hotels must be very expensive. Hehe... fish fish don't even dare to think about it now. Maybe when I start to earn a good fortune. :P



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Strangely, I enjoyed looking up the wall of these buildings. They were such attractions for me.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oh yes, such a city will not complete without a Chinatown!

In fact, San Francisco's Chinatown is one of U.S.'s largest Chinatowns. It is also the oldest Chinatown, established in 1850. Malaysia is just a toddler compare to this age. Woolala~~~



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kongsi building - this is so Chinese.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Fresh market street. This is very Chinese too.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Nicely decoreated" vehicle, this is not Chinese.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Errrrr... big hunk sitting down reading newspaper while begging for dollar? You tell me this is what style.

All these were found easily in San Francisco's Chinatown. ;)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bought some Chinese BBQ pork ribs.

No good. Too hard and sweet.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Luckily, there was another totally different neighbourhood next to Chinatown.

Little ITALY!! See the flag on the pod? This is a good sign to tell you that you are in the area.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Very different from Chinatown. It was a quiet and relaxing morning. I enjoyed the atmosphere.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We decided to get our proper breakfast in this silent neighbourhood. We bought a pack of freshly sliced Prosciutto di Parma and a rustic roll from one of the Italian grocery and started to have our breakfast outside the stores. :P



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Prosciutto was awesome. Wrap a few of these thin layers around the roll...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
... and pop inside your mouth just like this Zhi Lian Kuang Mr. Food Guide.

Mmmm~~~ the way how the fat of the prosciutto slowly melted inside my mouth was sinfully irresistible.

It went great with the roll. Yum Yum~~~



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We finished our simple yet fantastic breakfast with cappucino (mine was decaf :P)...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
... and a great cannoli.

Truly enjoyed that creamy ricotta cheese with dark chocolate inside. This little tube tasted as good as its look.

Oh~~~ this was such the right way to start a great morning in this unique city. ;)

6 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, that is a cool dude eating procuitto, from every angle/perspective.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Lee Ai Ling said...

The cannoli looks good!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Lannae said...

I love all your S.F. Photos! Sorry to read about bad Chinese pork ribs. At this point, since I cannot get that in Nashville, I would have gladly eaten them for you!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Zhi Yong said...

Prosciutto looks nice.. ever try some panini with salame then?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Blackwidow said...

Next time, spend more days here. I'll take you to see the real victorian architecture with those fancy fancy style, quenn anne, italinate all those, I forgot all the names since I last studied in architecture class.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : 3 letters for you - ZLK. -_-"""

lee ai ling : It was one of the best cannoli I have tasted. ;)

lannae : Haha... Lannae, seriously, my mom cook much much better than this pork ribs. Hey, Nashville has awesome pork rib too, isn't it?

zhi yong : Yah, I tried. But real Salami is not able to get in U.S. due to the way of making salami. So, all we could get here is the american version salami. Not quite my cup of tea. I'll tell you if one day I am able to taste the "real" salami.

blackwidow : Oh yes, DD, I will definitely love you to do that. Your kor kor is the wrong person to get this type of information. LOL. Great food guide though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home