Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Naia- The Best Gelato

Geeee... seem like I am neglecting my blog a lot this week. I admit. :P

The truth it, beside busy with my work, I was crazy with my online games. Neopets.

Yesterday, it was one of my most exciting moment on this Online Game Site. I found the Wu Gong Mi Ji for it!! Woohoo~~~ the only thing now, I need to control myself not to overdo it. Or else I will Zhou Huo Ru Mo. Like yesterday, I slept at 5 am!! just to read the Mi Ji. -_-"""

Ended up today I went to work late and finished my work at 9pm.

Ok, enough for my nonsense talk.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Today, I will go back to continue my long delayed posts way back to 3 months ago stopped at arrival in San Francisco. :P



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One place I have always wanted to have a look if I go to San Francisco one day - The Castro.

Yeah! I finally made it.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Rainbow is closely related to the pride of what is famous in this area.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tralala~~~ Gay Pride.

Yap, "The Castro" denotes mainly the predominantly gay-oriented commercial district on Castro Street and 18th Street.

We could see this type of advertisement everywhere.

It was very kind of Mr. Food Guide to go there with me although it has been a hard task for him to do so.

Walking on the street with him made me realised why it was quite hard for him. Guys that past us by, neither them looked at me. Their eyes were on him.

Geee... usually I don't like people look at me, but that night I almost wanted to shout at them, "Hello~~~ I don't grow up by eating glass ok?" But then, I felt so secure that night walking on the dark street. Ha! I was protecting a guy!! by just stand next to him.

It was a cold rainy winter night. We didn't stay up for a long time.

There were quite a number of shops, but nothing much to me...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
...except this one.

Naia.

I was so glad I didn't give it a pass because of the empty-looking shop. We were the only cusmoters at that moment.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The staff was a very friendly young lady. Despite of my greediness, she let me tasted at least 10 flavours before I made my decision. She was more than happy to let me try one by one slowly. Great service.

^_^ We came to a conclusion to choose a chocolate gelato for a chocoholic fish...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
... and a Persimmon Gelato that both of us agreed was one of the best.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oolala~~~ I was sooooo loving it!!!

I swear if Naia is available in this area, I will take all the effort just to go there for a good ice cream. It will be my weekly visiting place.

The flavour was Natural. The texture was Melty and Creamy and So Fine. Nothing artificial, you just know it once you put it into your mouth.

For a person who is very particular on her food to say this was her best ice cream, it really meant something. Be sure to eat it quickly as it melts quickly.

Go to read "About Naia". I totally agree with what written in it. It is just as described.

I am sure Mr. Food Guide do agree the gelato, especially the Persimmon Gelato was Fung-elatis-cally good. Hor?



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
-_-""" It was quite late, Mr. Food Guide was craving for his 6th cup of coffee for the day, so he ordered one espresson too from the shop. I am really amazed on his tolerancy on coffee. In Japan, some people use coffee for dieting. Hehe, I wonder was he doing the same thing too? :P

Don't worry, you don't have big big tummy.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Gay Pride is sure standing high in The Castro.

I was glad to be there. The Gelato made my memory on the Castro such a precious one.

"Fish Fish, look after me, ok?" Hahaha... I still remember what he said to me on that night.

9 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Chen said...

Don't u feel great looking after a guy? ;)

The Persimmon Gelato looks yummy..
pss.. If i drink coffee at night, I will sure stay awake the whole night liao & "eye blink-blink" the next morning :P

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Zhi Yong said...

Never tot there's a gay street in San Francisco.. gelato looks nice.. get to Italy for more gelato then.. its all over the streets.. :P

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

chen : Haha... not in such a way. Yes, the Persimmon was one of my best gelato. ;)

zhi yong : Heeee... you might get some surprise if you go alone. :P

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Pink Cotton said...

WAH i love the gay street...HAHAAHAH

it must b the safest place for a gal to walk alone at nite...LOL

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

The persimmon ice cream uses real persimmons or flavouring only? Looks yummy wor. Wah, gay posters! Imagine it's here in Malaysia. *piang*

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

pink cotton : Hehe... I felt safe. ^_^ But not feeling good because it made me much less attractive. :(

primrose : Everything is real. The real persimmon pureeeee from fresh fruit! You will love it!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Janice Dhing Woon said...

kch has a gelato shop, it's called scoop, located just across Hilton. I didn't like their gelato when i tried it for the 1st time, i find it too sweet. Last weekend, i went back again and I tried their bread crumb gelato and it was fantastic, i do agree with you they melt easily.. gelato doesn't look attractive once it's melted.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

janice dhing : Yes, I read about scoop from some of the blogs. Hey, maybe next time we can go out for some gelato in scoop. ;)

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Janice Dhing Woon said...

ya u let me know when you're back in kch. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home