Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

To Sakura, With Love

I reached Japan on April 2, 2001 with 25 kg of luggage.

After 5 years, I departed from there on March 31, 2006 with numerous priceless memories.

Now, it has been one year since I left it.

One of the things that I miss the most...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
... is the breathtaking sakura-blossoms across the country.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
When I saw this small yet full-blooming sakura near my apartment, I was so thrilled. Better than nothing right?

My passion on sakura have extended to the songs.

In fact, if you go to karaoke in Japan, you will be amazed with a long list of song with "Sakura" as title.

These are my favorites. Today, I am sharing with you guys.

^_^ I am vlogging today, for the 1st time. :P


One of my favorite song all the time.

By Kobukuro. Song title : SAKURA




By Kawaguchi Kyogo. Song title : SAKURA

This is a very memorial song for me as I shared the same interest on this song with one of my close friend at the same time. We sent message to each other almost the same time to tell each other about this song. I miss her.




By Moriyama Naotaro. Song title : Sakura

This was one of the top song during the year it released. I love this live version.




By Ketsumeishi. Song title : Sakura

Unfortunately, the singer in the video is not the real person. This is another guy who challenged to sing it. The interesting thing about this guy is he speaks really good Japanese and sing awesome Japanese Rap. He definitely have a deeper passion than me on Japanese. I learnt about this song for the 1st time from a Brazillian-born-Japanese friend who loves Rap song. ;)


I hope you enjoy the songs. Now tell me, which is your favorite?

7 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Zhi Yong said...

Nice flower shots... so do u see any of these in NC then? Or u took these photos in NC?
i m not into jap songs but I like the last rap song.. its nice..

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger ~AnGeL~ said...

i was lucky to see the sakuras before leaving japan. they bloomed one week earlier than last year. :)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Janice Dhing Woon said...

i was in japan last week, cherry blossoms is everywhere in Tokyo. However, there were less in Kyoto and Osaka area. the trees are still quite bare over there.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger smazh said...

Let's see, I used to like the one by Kawaguchi a lot, but recently my favourite has been the one my Ketsumeshi. Also, recently there's a new sakura song by Angela Aki called Sakura Iro that's also good.

I got to see sakura just before leaving Japan, fortunately. Will post up some pics soon!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

zhi yong : Yap, these photos were taken in NC. ^_~

~angel~ : My mom didn't has such luck last year. :(

janice dhing : Yap, Kyoto and Osaka are colder than Tokyo and turn warm slower. But the summer also much hotter too.

smazh : Angela Aki? Geee... 1st time hear her name. I'll look for her info online then. Thanks.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Nina said...

Hi fish fish!

I think this is my first time commenting... I know this is an old post but I wanted to tell you that I know the guy in the last video!! He was in my Japanese class last semester.. very cool guy.. very charismatic :D Wasn't expecting his video to show up on your blog ^^;

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

nina : Hello Nina. Ooo... he is your classmate? What a coincidence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home