Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Boudin Sourdough

I have been neglecting my blog lately, because of my virtual pet. It is hard to take care of 2 things that I like at one time.

It is time to get back into balancing both of them. Gosh~~~ these 2 things really keep my nights busy.

I want to talk about something very famous in San Francisco today. Something that I tried 5 months ago.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
If you go to San Francisco, make sure you go to Pier 39. Nothing much about the shopping center, but the view of California Sea Lions on the docks of Pier 39 was pretty entertaining.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These creatures sure know how to lay back. Cute~~~ but strong smell. Hehe.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We went to have a simple break in Boudin Bakery, a place that is very famous with their Original San Francisco Sourdough French Bread since 1849. The mother dough that produce this French Bread is more than 150+ years already. In order to protect the mother dough in the older days during cold winter night, the cook actually hugged the dough while sleeping in order to keep the yeast alive.

Thanks to his effort, we are still able to have the taste same as that time.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Look how cute this lobster is! I wonder if the taste is as good as the look.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We decided to get a Sourdough Bread Bowl with Clam Chowder inside it. Hmmm... I didn't really enjoy the taste alone, but when mixed with some Clam Chowder, it tasted slightly better each time I munched on it. Sour bread just something still quite unfamiliar for my palate.

These 2 things make you tired pretty fast as they were quite heavy.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tralala~~~ Sourdough Long Loaf!! Their classic long loaf!

Man~~~ so long. It took days to eventually finished it. I wonder will it be good to replace a whipping cane. I would rather my mom to cane me with this than the rottan during my naughty childhood. Tee hee hee...

Ah~~~ San Francisco Sour Dough turned my day more tasty. ;)

4 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Janice Dhing Woon said...

the lobster is indeed very cute. Did you manage to taste the lobster? is it made of bread?
you're very creative..to imagine the Sourdough Long Loaf as a whipping cane. :p

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, the Chinese literature world would have to replace 用包打狗 with 用麵包打魚,有去無回.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger kaye~ys said...

fish, the stuffs that you asked of me to deliver to your house had been delivered. Please call your friend to come pick them up.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

janice : Nope, it's pretty expensive to buy it. Yap, 100% a sourdough. ;)

cooknengr : Eh, should be Rou Bao Zi Da Gou. Mmm~~~ it beats me, I eats it. Muahahahah~~~

kaye~ys : Ok. Thanks dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home