Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sullivans Steakhouse

Usually I don't go out to eat on a Monday's evening. However, last Monday I made an exception to dine in a high end restaurant, just to spoil myself a bit.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I went to Sullivans Steakhouse with a friend. One of my friends told me about this place a while ago. I was glad I finally found a time to try it.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The interior layout was quite cozy for me. I was arranged in a seat that could have a good view of the whole restaurant. Good for me.

Eve though it was a Monday, there were a lot of people eating there. I had a good feeling this was going to be something nice.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I started with a glass of cocktail. It matched really well with my evening feeling. Not too sweet, not too sour, soothing my throat with each sip of it.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The bread for the starter was something great. The surface was baked to crispy yet not hard and the inner part was soft yet chewy. I could feel the yeasty aroma released inside my mouth. Just the kind of rustic bread that I adore.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We started with Escargot as appertizer. Well, it was my first time on escargot and it was just a so so new experience for me. Over-cooked, I assumed. Well, I am sure there will be much better escargot out there. Hopefully one day I get to try the unforgettable version.

We had 2 entrees.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One was rare Lamb Rib Chops with mint jelly.

I was deeply impressed with the lamb chops. They were so good. This was actually my first time eating such a rare lamb, yet nothing to be dissapointed, except for the tooth-paste-like mint jelly. Yuck!

The lamb chop was like a combination of horse sashimi texture and otoro flavour, only at a much intensed degree. Such a good exercise for my mouth while chewing it.

Mmmm~~~ awesome. I would definitely want to taste this again.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Our second choice was medium rare Mushroom Duxelles Filet Mignon.

My choice actually. Not quite a good one. I should have just stick to the traditional Filte Mignon. I enjoyed the medium rare texture though my friend thought it was overcooked. We both didn't like the mushroom as it spoiled the original taste of a good filet mignon. Oh well, at least it was a good lesson for me.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We ordered something very unique as a side dish. Something that I normally will only order in a fast food restaurant but not in such a place.

However, the menu written "Old Fashioned Hand-Cut Onion Rings". Hmmm... "Old Fashion"? "Hand-Cut"? Oh ya, that triggered our curiosity to the right point. So, we decided to see what was so special about it.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oolala~~~ Have you ever seen such a thick onion ring? In reality, this mounted high onion rings looked even more temptating.

Hohoho... forget about the high end. I just grab one with my hand and started to bit on it.

Mmmm~~~ orgasmic crispiness. The onion inside was transparent like some crystal. Sweetness of the caramalized onion was unbeatable. Gosh... I must say this was one of the best onion ring for me except that it was a bit too salty and too greasy. If they improved these 2 things, I would give it a 99-point.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
To end the dinner, we decided to get a souffle.

It took 25 min for the thing to ready.

I saw this dessert many times in Iron Chef of Food Network. I was so glad once again my list to try is one line shorter now. ^_^

Such a beautiful blow up...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oops! Once cut, the whole thing just deflated like a no-air balloon.

Hmmm... a very unique texture. Very fluffy yet creamy. I can't really say I enjoyed the taste. However, this was definitely a new type of flavour and texture combination for me. The egg flavour was pretty strong for me.

The whole dinner was more than US$140 including tips. However, it was a great night for us. The service was something worth to give 2 thumbs up. I even received an appreciation card from them 2 days ago to thank for the dining in. This was definitely a pleasant surprise in U.S. for me. ^_^ I felt "VIP". Tee hee hee...

Try Sullivan, you'll like the place, if not for the foods. ;)

7 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, that is a fancy place, ..lamb and Souffle, martini.... I thought all "you all" have is country ham and grits....sweet tea.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger kayatan said...

Aiyo, Eddie, there are a lot of elite Southerner lah, not just grits and black eyes peas :)-.

There are a lot of successful kaya Southerners, boy, they know how to enjoy life. Met a 'you all' 24 yrs old guy who own an oil field and water comp. in CO, hailed from cowboy Texas :)-. Lots of prep schools in 'ya all' country, they know how to enjoy life leh. CNN boss Ted Turner hailed from a private school in Tennessee leh. Lots of banking 'taikos' are from 'ya all' preppy schools :)-

The president immigrant consultant attorney hailed from 'yau all' Tennessee leh :)-.

I think fish fish is in research center , so must have more souffle and martini :)-

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Lannae said...

The lamb and souffle look very good. I think that snails seem always over cooked and chewy, and I do not like them for that reason. But, I think people eat snails as an excuse to eat the butter sauce.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Haha... country ham especially dedicated to you on liao.

kayatan : Haha!! The problem is, elite Southerners don't Impress this Ed at all. He is a hard core redneck culture's fan. ;)

lannae : Ah~~~ so snails commonly taste like that. Geee... I prefer to have a cube a butter just simply pop inside my mouth to melt. Tee hee hee

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger kayatan said...

Fish Fish,
Cooknengr is one of the best guy I knew (at least from what he wrote :)), so I don't think I will buy that
"He is a hard core redneck culture's fan. ;)".
Both my Southerner in laws were Duke professors, and on of them were proof reader for the President during WWII; MIL's father was an operator conductor so it is a myth that all Southerners are redneck like the myth that all Chinese are smart and good in Maths :)-.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger kayatan said...

typo - Opera director, film critics and book reviewer, so the myth is broken cos he was a true blue Southern boy married a Midwest woman :)-.
My Southerner husband is a librarian, our home is full of books , not gold :).

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

kayatan : Cool~~~ books are one of the best thing. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home