Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores

My trip on Saturday was a fabulous one. It was also one of the most tiring beach trip I have ever been. I woke up at 5.45 am, departed at 7.15 am and reached home at 11.45 pm.

We did not only go to the beach, but also went to an aquarium and a fort.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On the way, we encountered with this unique punk helmet. LOL

Hey, Mr. Kuwahara, you want to wear one of this for your next BMX race or not? Tee hee heee...

I wonder if Jasmine has one of this too. :P



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
After more than 3 hr of sleeping in the bus, we finally reached our first destination - NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores.

It was a small aquarium, with more focus on river fish. I learnt quite a few things about river fish in NC.

Apart from fish...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
... there was also a short talk about alligator.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I even got a chance to touch a small one. Well, tiny cute thing, isn't it? Beware, the largest alligator spotted was 5.3m, in Florida. Basically, the warmer the weather, the more they eat, the bigger they will grow.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jelly fish is another common feature to be seen in an Aquarium. However, this Leidy's Comb Jelly was my first time encounter. It is actually not a real jelly, but a jelly-like sea creature.

One of the eNature article call it Gelatinous Storm. Well, the article made me think that this is a cute creature, but a scary predator.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One think special about this NC Aquarium - it is linked to a real Salt Marsh.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Salt marsh is one of the most biologically productive habitats on the planet, rivaling tropical rainforests.

The picture looks still, but the 15 min I were there, I could see the movement of creatures under the water surface. Somehow, I have a weird urge to dive inside there. :P



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My great companion for the day, meet Sang Mi from Korea. ;)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The salt marsh path also led us to a small exhibition for snakes. These snake were so pity, they all look very dull and still.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
There was also a few sea horses. They reminded me so much of Pygmy seahorse that I met in Sipadan. I miss that trip so much, Pygmy seahorse was the best underwater creature for me. So tiny, yet so fine.

After 2 hr in the Aquarium, it was time to move on to the next destination.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On the way, there were many houses in this style. Very different from the design in my neighbourhood.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I wonder if these houses are only for one family or more?

Big and beautiful.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yet, just next to these houses, there were a few big trailer parks.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Some even put a nice fence outside their mobile homes.

One thing on my must see list - the interior of these mobile homes. It is really quite difficult for me to imagine how do the layout of Living Dining Kitchen and Bed area in these long yet narrow compartments.

3 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Pazuzu said...

wow.. where's tat aquarium?

http://www.redspot.com.my/pazuzu

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

pazuzu : In North Carolina, U.S.A.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Hi Dr. Fish Fish!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Pine Knoll Shores to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home