Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Too lucky to be unlucky?

I am officially having 2 rice cookers died consecutively.

First one died on me after I used it for only twice. :(

Second one died on me 2 days ago after I used if for only 2 months. I used it like once per week only. :"(

Anything like this happened to you?

I bought the 2nd one at Target, using gift card and CASH. Then I accidentally threw the receipt away, just 1 week before this rice cooker died. (Ironically, most of the time I buy things with debit card, and I keep all my receipt even those from from last year, except THIS ONE!)

Now it is even impossible for me to get a new one as replacement from Target. I was so angry with myself.

I am so scared to buy a third one now. What if it spoiled again. -_-"""

8 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Patrick Leong said...

well....try fire :P anyway what brand do you use ? i still stick to japanese brands, whenever i get electrical appliances.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

If you still have the box with the barcode still instact, maybe you can try returning it anyway. Sometimes they let you.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, how can 吃飯專家 live without a rice cooker ? Good luck, you know the phrase three times a charm

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Yikes! 2 seems to be an unlucky number wor. How about waiting 3 weeks before buying a 3rd rice cooker, then wait 3 hours before using it for 3 days and text it out for 3 mths. That way, you might get lucky. :) Like cooknengr wrote, 3x is a charm.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Nevermind.. i think the rice cooker is trying to tell you to eat out more often.. and show us all the good food.. on the blog. ;)

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Kitikata-san said...

That really is unlucky. Hmm, I would go with Dennis' advice and try to take the 2nd one back and get at least a store credit, or cash back.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

patrick : It was Oster, I think it is a Canadian brand. Oh yes, Japanese rice cooker is the best. I had a 2nd hand for 5 years in Japan, worked like magic. I am really thinking to get a Japanese brand now, if I don't get a replacement for this.

dennis & kitikata : Yap, a friend helped me on that already. Now need to wait for the reply. ^_^ Thanks for the suggestion.

cooknengr & primrose : Man~~~ I love that "3" concept. In fact, yesterday, there was a little thing that related to the "3", and it was a good thing. Good sign?

mamabok : Haha. Indeed mamabok. I just went out to eat today, not just once, but twice!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

i use microwave to boil rice. i never had a rice cooker b4. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home